Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sheizsored Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Husband Got Deported 10 yrs ago
    Hi all. I was married 10 years ago. I feel in love and realized too late that he did not really love me back. He wanted a green card. We were living with my parents when he left to stay with his fam in their apartment. He used my name and ruined my credit. Years later, I figure out that this was all his grand scheme. Any who, I want a divorce and can not find him. What do I do? Is it possible that this was annulled because he was deported and no longer in NY. PS I never went to an immigration appointment. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 09:03 AM
    Hire a lawyer. He can file for divorce on grounds of abandonment.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 7, 2008, 02:32 PM
    No, annulment can't be done after 10 years.
    Your only choice is to file divorce on grounds of abandonment.
    You don't need his address but it will be easy if you have copy of the deportation notice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 03:05 PM
    You can file for divorce if you don't know here he is, it is a little harder and costs a little more than one where the person is here and willl agree.
    But you will need an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I have someone deported [ 8 Answers ]

Can you have someone deported if they don't have a change of a status?

Husband deported, does my tax status change? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was deported - I am wondering if it is still OK to keep my tax status 'Married' (jointly or separately)? We are married, but have not lived together since 2004. (Posting is also under TAX)

Husband deported, does my tax status change? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was deported - I am wondering if it is still OK to keep my tax status 'Married' (jointly or separately)? We are married, but have not lived together since 2004.

How can I keep my boyfriend from being deported? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Brandy, my boyfriend is in jail for using two different names one was fake and the other one was his real name. He is suppose to be deported back to mexico. Can I get married to him to keep him from being deported and how do I go about doing that? How can I make him legal in the...

How do I find out if my husband was deported? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was arrested and now none of the jails or highway patrol will help me find out what happened to him. I am very scared for we have a kid together he is an illigal and can be deported please help:( SCARED WIFE

View more questions Search