Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doctormark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 06:18 AM
    Starting a thrift store
    How do I get information about starting a thrift store with a relationship to a charity like Goodwill?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 06:10 PM
    I was not aware goodwill did any relationships other than own their own.
    I do know they sell bult and/or baled clothing and also the larger places have weekly auctions of goods.

To have your own chairity, you will have to form a non profit corporation, and file for legal non profit status with the IRS
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 01:52 AM
    Is there some information that perhaps we are missing here? What kind of relationship would you like for the thrift store to have with Goodwill, please?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting a Thrift Store for a Non-profit [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a college student who was given the charge of developing a business plan for a local charity, called Good Works. GW is an established charity that would like to open up a for-profit thrift store to help fund its homeless shelters. I am looking for thoughts on where to find...

Thrift Store [ 2 Answers ]

What are the major things to starting a thrift store business?

Starting a thrift store [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to start a thrift store. I already have commercial buiding and items to sell. I would like to know how I need to set it up legally. What are the tax laws? Thank you :)

Starting a Thrift Store [ 0 Answers ]

I am gathering information on starting up a thrift store in So. California. My dream is to sell what I love to buy and to tie the profits to a local charity. Where does one go to find out about non-profit qualifications? I am not interested in websites that get rich off me purchasing their...

View more questions Search