Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenny lynn Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

May 7, 2008, 05:02 AM
    Scholarship Search Service - Attractive Communicating?
    Hello All,

I need your help! I've formally launched a great service to parents/students who are seeking scholarships & grants to fund college!. Developed a great site. Very legitimate... NO SCAM - NO SPAM zone. Truly personalized service to individuals. I have tons of experience, education and success stories. But...

My question: What am I doing wrong on my site? I'm generating no customers from site (only local business in my town where I have a great reputation). What should I being "communicating" differently to get readers attention and business!

Advertising link removed

Appreciated,
    jenny lynn
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 06:13 PM
    It is because the students can get almost all of your service free from the college fincial aid departments. And by doing some simple web searches.

So many parents have been warned against using such searches because there is no real need to pay for what you can do for yourself for free.
    jenny lynn Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

May 13, 2008, 06:45 PM
    I am going to have to respectfully argue the Father's response with a perfect example. One client, a single father, employed, white and attending graduate school at Mansfield University was told by this University that there was "rarely such thing as a graduate scholarship and non at MU at all."

Our service was able to find 13 solid scholarship referrals that met his personal criteria. Well worth the $99 fee, particularly considering that he had to do no research work himself and we personally verified every referral to make sure he was eligible. Also, professional searchers also subscribe to databases that are not accessible via free Internet searches.

I would challenge anyone to do the research themselves and see just how time consuming and frustrating a search can be.
    RNeves777 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Hi!

I have been accepted for an International MBA program at Florida Atlantic University, and have also applied for financial aid. I am pretty sure that I will be awarded with a loan, but the thing is that, even though I make $55,000 (gross) per year, I doubt I will be able to pay back the loan. I have an excellent academic history, good GPA, but unfortunately I have to support some familily memebers such as my wife, daughter, and my mom whom just became disabled 9 months ago after an accident.

I heard that we can look online to find a scholarship, but have not had the time to do a nice research.

I guess I have two questions:

1) Is it possible for me to obtain a scholarship (free money) that I don't have to pay back?

2) If so, I am almost sure it won't pay the entire program, so can I get a scholarship and at the same time use a financial aid award to pay for the remainder of the balance? I believe the entier program costs $30K.

Thank you so much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scholarship search for study in Sweden for international student [ 6 Answers ]

Respected mentor I am Azhar Ayaz. I have got admission in M.S. Nanotechnology at the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) Sweden. I don't have enough funds to bear my living and travel arrangement charges at Sweden. I am national of Pakistan (South Asian developing country). Can you guide me what...

Search for Scholarship. [ 1 Answers ]

I finished master degree and want to get Scholarship in abroad university to get phd degree how can I find one. My GPA for the master is 3.62 My master is MBA in Financial Management. I am live in Greece. I have Ethiopian Nationality.

Returning student scholarship search [ 1 Answers ]

Ahck! Help! I am a 23 yr old married female returning to college after a 4 year hiatus. I've been looking into scholarships, but they all seem to be taylored towards high-school students. Are there any resources for returning students that haven't really gotten a running start yet? My only real...

View more questions Search