Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kab35601 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 03:03 PM
    94 skylark stalls
    I have a 94 Buick Skylark which has started stalling when I come to a stop. It only does it after maintaining a constant speed (hiway and such) and come to a complete stop. After it stops it stutters and dies. It will start right back in either park or neutral, but when shifted into a "movement" gear it dies (like the ignition is lost to the motor). No stuttering or anything, it just dies. It will rev and everything in the neutral gears fine, but go to drive and die. After 3 or 4 tries it decides it will let me carry on and just keeps running.
    huskyjjc Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Mar 5, 2006, 09:20 PM
    Your lockup in the trans is bad the lockup is what puts the trans in o/d and when you come to a stop the trans will go back to 1st gear but when the lockup is bad the trans will stay in o/d and the engine can't stay running . The fastest way to check this is open the hood and look down to the right on the trans you will see a square plug with 4 wires the plug is norm blue or gray and unplug it you just unpluged the lock up now drive if all is good you need to get the lock up changed around here the price is about $150.00

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1991 honda civic starts very rough then stalls. [ 16 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I've been reading as much as I can on this and other sites regarding starting problems on 91 honda civics. The information I gained was very helpful and informative, but, I am not 100% sure if my problem is with the ignition coil or igniter or the whole distributor. I...

1990 Civic Stalls on Highway or in Park [ 3 Answers ]

Im having a stalling issue with my 1990 Civic LX. Its only got 60K miles and was owned by a 92 y/o old lady before me so its in great condition. Except for the stalling that is. It started a few days ago on the highway @ 65MPH. The engine will just cut out. No sputtering, no hesitation - it just...

1997 jeep wrangler stalls, will not start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1997 jeep wrangler. A few days ago I was waiting at a stop sign and when I went to pull out my Jeep stalled then completely quit. I assumed it was a fuel pump and replaced the fuel pump module (ouch!). I drove the jeep for 15-20 minutes trying out the new repair and the Jeep died again...

19hp briggs new carb and stalls [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all new to the fourum I have a question I hope you all can help. I have a murray lawn tractor with a 19 hp briggs. I put a new carb on it and the tractor runs but stalls under a load like it is running out of fuel. When I inspected the carb the bowl was full of gas and clean. The mechanic I took...

View more questions Search