Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkabsher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 05:48 PM
    The power button wire fell out of my emachines t1840 computer where does it go?
    The power button cord fell out of my emachines computer and I cannot figure out where it goes. The plus is a small square 2 pin plug. There is a spot it looks like it goes but it isn't working when it is plugged in in that spot. Can anyone help?
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

May 8, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Make sure you're trying to plug it in the right way. Some plug need to snap in to be seated - try doing so but without forcing it. Frankly, if it were me, I'd contact eMachines support here for help with this.

If I were support, first question I'd ask is: how did the power button cord fall out? I'm assuming you had the machine open - what were you trying to do? If there was some other problem or you were installing hardware in your machine, its not starting may have nothing to do with the power plug.
    victor roque Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Try flipping the connection around... sometimes they could hook on in both ways but they only work if they are pluged in correctly

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Optiplex GX60 Power Button [ 4 Answers ]

My Dell computer will not boot up;the power button is orange instead of green.I have surfed the web; all I have found out is, it may be a power issue but no one has a idea of how to fix it.

Wire Motor for 220 outlet Power from 110 power [ 1 Answers ]

I need to wire this sander for 220 power and do not understand the diagram well enough. Currently I believe it is wired for 110 shown in picture. Please advise about correct wiring for 220. Thank you 2 attachments

Power button lights up no sound [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, my barebone computer I built, the power button only lights up, the cd drive will not open and there is no sound in the motherboard the power cable is connected to the M.board, could it be the processor I placed in the socket? The power supply does not come on, and the fan does not run

Computer won't go on. On button light flashes. [ 6 Answers ]

I went to use my computer after it had been on all day and the power button was flashing. Checked all connections, cleaned out dust. Still no power. Help please.

Thermostat install and wire fell off [ 1 Answers ]

I attempted to install a programmable thermostat today. I got the old one off and the red wire that was supposed to be RH (mine had a #4) fell off. Before I messed with it it looked like the RC and RH were connected somehow. So I installed the system as if it were a 4 wire system leaving the...

View more questions Search