Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LG101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 03:30 PM
    Senior Citizens Daycare
    What is the success and failure rate of a senior citizens daycare (adult daycare)?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 6, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Hospitals here in Ontario tried to run daycare operations a few years ago but eventually ran into staffing problems. Seniors were in varying degrees of manageability (dementia, alzheimers, wheelchairs, walkers, bedridden), so you can see the problems that would arise day to day. Meals had to be arranged for different diets. It was difficult to say the least.

Now the VON (Victoria Order of Nurses) run daycare centres in small towns throughout Ontario and it actually works quite well because they only take seniors who are manageable who need respit care so their caregivers can have a break.

I can't answer your question because in the long run, there can't be a completely successful senior daycare operation and keep it viable for everyone.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2008, 05:51 PM
    I can personally say I have never known any that have gone out of business, but again most have been well planned and well financed.
    First if in the US, and medicare is going to be billed, you can expect 3 to 4 months normal in getting paid though any medicare payment.

Beyond that having qualified staff, proper medically approved meal plans.
    And remember your kitchen will have to be inspected and approved by the health department. There will have to be proper equipmenet and rooms for the cleaning of the adult. Each state will have their own specific rules though their state Health department.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankrupsy and senior citizens [ 4 Answers ]

My question to you is I have a personal friend ,who is a senior citizen and co signed on a car note. The car was repossessed after a short time,now the are taking her to court to pay 14,000 her only source of income is social security,she has no car no home,no assets She wants to file...

Health insurance for Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy in INDIA to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents. Can any Insurance company in INDIA, cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.

Health insurance for Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking for a Health Insurance policy to cover my Family of 3 and my Senior Citizen Parents. Can any Insurance company cover my parents as well who are above 60 yrs of age, and proved a cover to the entire family.

Name of a 1970's Movie about Senior Citizens [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I am trying to find out the name of a movie I saw on HBO in the mid 70's. It was about a bunch of old people living in an apartment building, they were getting evicted so they started killing the men that were trying to evict them. They actually buried one of there victims in cement. Can...

Health Insurance for Senior Citizens [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know the income breakup of the senior citizens in India and how many of them have got health insurance? How many companies cater to the health insurance needs for the senior citizens? Is it possible to provide the information for the current and past 5 years so that I can analyse...

View more questions Search