Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Torandus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Need resources to find someone
    OK. I am trying to find someone who conned my mother out of about $3k. All I really have is a name, a cell number, and the town he used to live in. I am computer savvy enough to be able to find out that the cell number is from sprint (or at least that's where the number originated, could have been transferred to another carrier), but that is about it. I am not asking people to find out info on him (although I would not be apposed either), just a general direction where I should go and what sites yield good results. I am a firm believer in the "teach a man to fish" ideology.

-Edit: Took out name just to be safe. Thanks tickle
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 6, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Well, if he frequents this site, he has been warned because you used a name which could be his.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 6, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Try Intellus.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2008, 04:38 PM
    In the end, have you filed a police report and are the police investigating.

They are a crook, right, so you will need the police since what happens if you find them yourself, they either take off most likely.

1. have you talked to the police in the city where he was from ?
    2. have you went to the post office there and checked for forwarding address
    3. have you checked with landlords, or nieighbors of where he used to live to see if someone saw him moving, or maybe overheard where they were moving to.

May 6, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Thank you tickle. Took your advice just to be safe.

I tried Intelius, but I'm a little worried that I'm going to pay $50 for a background check on the wrong guy. I don't care about paying $50 to find him, I just do not want to throw money at a problem and hope that solves it (cus it usually doesn't).

Police say it's a civil matter & they can't help (civil court says they can't help unless she can find him herself)
    Post office - No forward address
    Last landlord does not know where he want after
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Torandus
    thank you tickle. took your advice just to be safe.

I tried Intelius, but im a little worried that I'm going to pay $50 for a background check on the wrong guy. I dont care about paying $50 to find him, I just do not want to throw money at a problem and hope that solves it (cus it usually doesn't).

police say it's a civil matter & they can't help (civil court says they can't help unless she can find him herself)
    Post office - No forward address
    Last landlord does not know where he want after

I would not go with an on line site - that info is only as good as the last posting they picked up.

I would go with an investigator but then the problem becomes after you find him what is your plan of action - ?

I'm surprised the PO would give you ANY information - they are not supposed to.

If he has moved recently he has a vehicle registered, a drivers license, a utility bill - all of which are on record and track him down.
    Andrea111 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Try zaba search

May 14, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Found the guy. Thank you to all of you. Too bad this guy is dirt poor. Prob won't even get the 3k he owes my mother out of him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Human resources [ 1 Answers ]

What are the roles of Human Resources manager in employee and industrial relationship with specific emphasis to the union and management relationship in an Organization?

Human Resources [ 7 Answers ]

Hello to you, and thanks again for taking the time to view and answer my questions - this is awsome!! I just found out I’m pregnant (Happy). I went through my employee handbook to find out what is said about maternity leave and to my surprise; there is little to nothing at all. My human...

Pc System Resources Is Almost Gone [ 2 Answers ]

Help!! We Have A Ibm Notepad With Windows 98. It Says That Almost All The Resources Are Used Up. I Have Deleted All The Programs We Can. It Won't Scan The Disk For Errors And Took 2 Hours To Defragment And Did Not Increase The Space. I Need To Reload The Drivers For The Cdrom Because It Is Not...

View more questions Search