Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chriswms Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Condensing Unit Fan
    Earlier today my condensing fan worked fine. When I got home on the outside unit the condenser was running but the fan wasn't and the unit was pretty hot and I'm pretty sure it wasn't frorm the sun because the sun usually stops hitting it about 2.5 hrs. from when I noticed this. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Well first, you need to determine if you have a bad fan motor or just a capacitor. Are you sure the compressor is running? Very CAREFULLY take a long stick and give the blade a spin, if the fan starts running , you have a bad capacitor, if not, the motor may be bad, depending on how familiar you are with electricity, you may be able to troubleshoot the problem yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condensing unit not working [ 5 Answers ]

I wanted to know why the contactor is not closing to start the compressor and outdoor fan motor, my indoor fan is coming on.

Lennox AC13 condensing unit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox AC13 condensing unit that comes on and then cuts off. It will not stay on

Leaks a/c condensing unit [ 1 Answers ]

There is no charge in my system, it leaked out. I don't have a vaccuum pump, how can I remove the air, could I run some r-22 through the system to chase the air? If so how can I do this. Do the scharder valve o-rings go bad? If so where can I buy them

Condensing unit not coming on [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have an Amana system that is maybe 15 years old. I can find out if anyone needs to know but I'm at work now so that will have to wait. Anyway, I have noticed that the cold air is not so cold anymore. The past few days that cold air problem has been compounded by the condensing unit not...

New condensing unit problem [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new condensing unit and put freon in the unit, I am getting the same pressure on the high and low sides of the gauges. This leads me to believe that there is a compressor problem or that I put too much gas in it. I am reading 150 psi on the high side and the gauge is pinned on the low...

View more questions Search