Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Direct Deposit using third party filing and Stimulis Checks?
    I have heard, but can't find any direct answer to this question.

If you use a program such as turbotax or taxact on-line for filing and your refund gets directly deposited into your bank account, do you still get the stimulis check via direct deposit within the time lines listed by the IRS or does this delay the direct deposit or cause you to receive it via paper check?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 6, 2008, 01:00 PM
    From what I understand you get your money direct deposited just like you did your refund. You will not be receiving a paper check.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 01:20 PM
    I just found out, from the IRS website that I will be receiving a paper check that will be mailed out May 16th.

For 2007 taxes, I filed through Turbo Tax and got my refund through direct deposit.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE
    I just found out, from the IRS website that I will be receiving a paper check that will be mailed out May 16th.

For 2007 taxes, I filed through Turbo Tax and got my refund through direct deposit.
    Any chance you could post a link to that information?

I wonder what difference it makes, as long as your refund was direct deposit, I don't see what
    Effect using a third party to file would have on the rebate?
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 01:38 PM
    I can't post the link because there is my personal info on it.

Try going on the IRS website yourself.

Internal Revenue Service

Once you get to the main page, click on the 'Where's My Refund?' link.
    About 3/4ths of the page down, click on the 'Where's My Stimulus Payment?' link.

Just jot in your info and hopefully you'll get some answers there.

It sucks because I was expecting to get my rebate money direct deposited but came to find out that it will be mailed.
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Let me know what happens!
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE
    Let me know what happens!
    What I could find, really didn't answer my question.

It said that if prep or filing fees were deducted from your tax refund, you will receive a paper check.

It didn't state anything about if you paid the prep or filing fees WITHOUT them being deducted from your refund, how that would effect the method for receiving the rebate.

Maybe I just don't know what correct words to use when I search for the answer?

Thank you for your help!
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Oh I see what you're saying!

I'm assuming that you didn't have the filling fees taken out of your refund? I did.

I don't know why that would cause a person to get a paper check. Kind of stupid if you ask me.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

May 6, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Stimulus payments will be direct deposited for taxpayers selecting that option when filing their 2007 tax returns. Those you did not opt for direct deposit will get check in mail. However, taxpayers who use Refund Anticipation Loans (RALs) or enter into any other loan or financial agreement with their tax professional cannot receive their stimulus payments by direct deposit and instead will get a paper check.

The rebate payment will equal the amount of tax liability on the return (tax liability on the return Form 1040 line 46 or Form 1040A line 28) with a minimum amount of $300 and a maximum amount of $600 for individuals.

For information on stimulus tax rebate schedule, the eligibility and how much rebate you will get read: Your U.S. Tax Return: Are You Eligible for 2008 Stimulus Tax Rebate Payment?
    danielcarrei7 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 10:25 AM
    I found out take if you paid for your taxes and had it taken out of your refund you will get a check because I used tax act and had direct deposit and I'm getting a check it does say this on Internal Revenue Service.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 19, 2008, 02:08 PM
    If you filed electrnoically with TaxAct and used direct depsoit, then your stimulus check should be direct deposited.

I filed that way with TaxAct, and I got the stimulus check via direct deposit, as did my clients.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How come I didn't receive my direct deposit - Stimulus Check? [ 32 Answers ]

Hi, I wonder if I'm the only one, but I was in the first group of those that should have received their stimulus check first (last 2 digits of SS# is 07). In 2007 I owed Federal taxes and paid via EFT. Does that have something to do with me not receiving my stimulus payment through direct...

Lien on bank account for seniors with SS direct deposit [ 1 Answers ]

My parents are 78 years old and on Social Security a fixed income. They receive a check every month and it is directly deposited into their account. They paid their mortgage and bills from that. Today they checked their account and found out that there was a judgement lien on their account for...

Holiday party deposit [ 2 Answers ]

The fourth of July is coming up and I planned a party at my apartment inviting family members from out of town and other friends over yesterday the 21st I got a letter on my door from the managers stating that if I have over four guest at my apartment they are requirinng a $450 deposit of which...

Joint Bank Account & Direct Deposit [ 2 Answers ]

I know this has probably been answered in some form within this forum, so I apologize. All of the details: My spouse has a bank account. It is in my spouse's name and I have been added as a "view only". I cannot move any money. Both of our payrolls are deposited into this account. Is his...

View more questions Search