Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GOMEYZ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Pregnant with a married man
    I just found out I was pregnant. Yes I know with a married man. First thing he says is to get an abortion. What do I do?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 12:12 PM
    You make your own decisions and what ever the decision is, don't let him manipulate you. He is liable for child support, as well as telling his wife that he got another woman pregnant. What do you want to do and we can help you from there...
    squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

May 6, 2008, 12:42 PM
    Do YOU want to keep the child? Because that is all that matters, NOT what he wants.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 6, 2008, 01:00 PM
    As the others have said, do what you want to do. While he certainly should be held accountable for child support, only you can decide if you want to go that route or not. There are a number of considerations that can be gut wrenching. Do you want him in your life? In the child's life? Would he want to be? How will it effect your life if he is, or isn't... his family's life? Could you support the child yourself? Do you want to?
    Of course he should have thought of all of this before, as so you should have, but what's done is done. There are pros and cons for the option of him giving up all rights. I wish you well in your decision... somewhere someone gets the short end of the stick.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2008, 04:01 PM
    You may want to ask his wife what she things? Sorry could not help myself. But he does not want his wife to find out, which will when you file for child support.

So on the abortion, he is saying this because he is a jerk and wants to control you to make his life easier, and a lot cheaper.

I will not debate the abortion issue, but it is completely your choice, if you would like to be a mother, and raise this child then do it,
    If you want to have the child and let a loving family adopt the child, in all means do so, there are 1000's of families looking for infants.

Next even if he wants to give up his rights ( which most likely the judge will not agree to) but if he does, it has to go though court.
    And giving up his rights, does not stop his obligation to pay child support.

And I don't see a father being held responsible for their child as a "short end" of any stick, it is merely their moral obligation, if a father thinks they should not, they are not much of a man to start with.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

May 6, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Ask his wife what she would do in this situation...

He's shown what he wants to do, now it's up to you.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 02:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck

And I don't see a father being held responsible for thier child as a "short end" of any stick, it is merely their moral obligation, if a father thinks they should not, they are not much of a man to start with.
    Not for the father, but for his family most certainly. My point was, that in any of the choices, someone will suffer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnant by a married man [ 34 Answers ]

My name is Destiny and I am 26yrs pregnant by a married man. I’m also engaged to this lovely man... I can't have an abortion due to medical reasons so I don't have any other reason than to keep the baby... I’m going to lose my fiancée due to all this... I love the married man but he’s got a wife...

Married Pregnant and very lonely [ 5 Answers ]

So my husband and I have been married for only 9 months, I am 6 months pregnant with our second child (we have a four year old together) and I have never felt more alone. He goes out to the bar, is involved in softball, bowling and plus hangs out with friends often outside of the house. I'm dying...

Pregnant by married man [ 22 Answers ]

What are my rights if I am impregnated by a man that unbeknownst to me is married and I have decided to keep the baby? This man, although still married, continues to torment me by saying that he will not be a part of my child's life if I do not continue to see him. My goal is to get him to pay for...

Pregnant for married lover [ 15 Answers ]

I am 26 years old and 7 weeks pregnant by my married boyfriend of 2 years. When he found out he completely freaked and told me to get rid of the baby. He also said that I am selfish and only think about myself and I would have to be mad to want to keep this child. He told me that if his wife...

Pregnant of a married man [ 17 Answers ]

We have a relationship of 3 years. He always said he wanted everything with me, house, children... a happy life. But he still married with 2 teenagers. He's wealthy and afraid to lose half of it because of my pregnancy. He wants this baby, and I know he loves me. He supports me in everything,...

View more questions Search