Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adorablecrayon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Savings Account
    Hello,
    I was wondering if a hospital can check a saving account for the balance.
    My mother is trying to get the hospital to pay for her surgery and they have a program. The form she has to fill out ask the balance of her accounts. She has been saving a little here and there and over the last 10 years it has added up. She wanted my advice on if she should pull that money out so she can get the help she needs for the surgery.

Any information would be great!

Thanks,
    I looked into the program and it is a charity that helps the uninsured.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 11:38 AM
    It sounds as though the hospital is trying to qualify your mother for indigent care. Why don't you contact the hospital and ask for the 'name' of the program(s); there could be more than one, and you can 'research' the program on your own. Just say something like, "This program sounds very interesting; would someone be disqualified if they owned a car, or a home, or had a checking account?"
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2008, 07:00 PM
    So what you are asking is how to properly cheat the hospital out of money due it, and get her treatment free or at a lower cost by lying and saying she does not have any money , when she really has money?

Is this what you are asking us, the proper way to cheat the hospital.

But most likely the form she signs gives them a release to check for money in her accounts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring to US savings account [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, Hopefully very easy question :) I have a savings account in the US, but live and earn in the UK. I would like to transfer my earnings (after UK tax) to my US account simply by wiring the money from my UK account, and take advantage of the dollar-pound exchange rate (hoping that the...

Joint Savings account with son [ 3 Answers ]

My husband had a joint savings account with his step-son. My husband started this account more than 10 years ago and has money directly deposited into this account. My step-son has put no money into this account. My step-son has always been told this money was to be used for schooling, or if he...

What type of savings account should I open? [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently saving about $1,000.00 per month. Right now it is just sitting in my checking account. I am hoping to purchase a town-house early next year with what I am saving. What type of account should I be saving into?

Savings Account [ 2 Answers ]

Hello there! I'm 23 years old. Both my girlfriend and I have good credit and decent income for our age. We want to purchase a home in the near future. What would be the best way to save for a down payment? Are there savings accounts that offer interest? What would be the best way to go?

View more questions Search