Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2big4u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 10:19 AM
    statistical probability
    Team A has probability 2/3 of winning whenever it plays. If A plays 6 games, find the probability that A wins, 1. two games, 2. at least one game, 3. more than half of its games.
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 12:00 PM
    The is binomial in nature.

p=2/3, q=1/3

part 1:

part 2, same as above only with 2 instead of 1.

part 3: The best thing for at least 1 is find the probability of 0 and subtract from 1:

part 4: More than half means 4, 5, or 6 games.

I will leave you do the number crunching. Okey-doke?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Statistical percentage [ 1 Answers ]

If 20%o of the students performed at top if picked 10 students what is the probablity of EXACTLY 4 of those being a top performers and if you picked 10 students what is the probability of AT LEAST 2 of those students being a top performer and what is the probablity of NO MORE than 2 students being...

Statistical Probability [ 3 Answers ]

Suppose I have 3 music CDs. Each CD has 18 individual music tracks (unique). What are the odds or probability for the following: Given: 2 People -- they are to Pick 1 track from each CD. Odds / Probability (between the two people): 0 matches, 1 matches, 2 matches and 3 matches ? ...

Statistical method to use [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to figure out which method to use to find steady state. So I have data that was collected at 38 time points for 12 individuals. I am supposed to find the time point at which steady state was reached. I want to know what is the best method to answer this question. I have tried to...

View more questions Search