Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chellyjelly08 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 07:53 AM
    probability.with counting
    A group of 5 boys and 4 girls are to be photographed. How many ways can the photograpg be arranged with the girls in the front row, and the boys in the back row?

A club has 10 members. In how many ways can they shoose a committee of 3 members?
    iamthetman Posts: 105, Reputation: 8

May 6, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Have you attempted these questions on your own first?
    You won't learn much unless you've thought about these before asking us.
    chellyjelly08 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 08:27 AM
    Yes.. I have attempted. For the first one I had gotten 30 ways

For the second, I didn't get an answer

May 6, 2008, 09:48 AM
    The second is extremely simple if you understand the answer to the lottery question you asked. You have 10 people from which you can selecct and you must select 3 members. 10 choose 3.

May 6, 2008, 09:53 AM
    For the question about the class picture:

First think about how just the girls can be arranged. You should be able to write all the different possibilities. You'll find that there are 4! Ways of arranging just the girls in the front row. Then you'll find that there are 5! Ways of arranging the boys in the back row. Since all of the girl arrangements can go with all of the guy arrangements, there are 4!x5! Ways of setting up the photo. 2,880 ways.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Counting when there are 2 criteria [ 1 Answers ]

In a spreadsheet, how do I get a count total if there are two criteria? For example, in one column I want to count all the "1"'s if, in another column there is a "c".

Counting technique [ 1 Answers ]

I found that a circle placed in a rectangle can be shaded in 4 different ways. First, don't shade anything. Second, shading the circle only. Third, shading the rectangle only. Fourth, shading both the circle and rectangle. The question is: Find the number of shadings possible for 2 circles in a...

35 weeks and counting [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all it's me Jnet29 I have a question, for the last week I have been having headaches, nausea and I have been seeing spots for two days and my back have been killing me and I'm going to the bathroom like crazy can anyone tell me what's going on?

Calorie counting [ 1 Answers ]

This might be a silly question but you won't know unless you ask,too count calories do you add up calories+calories from fat+carbs+sodium... this always puzzled me.Or do you add everything that stores fat from the nutrient fact chart?

34 weeks and counting [ 7 Answers ]

Well the dr said that he wants me to wait till Friday before going into labor. He also wrote a perscription to help make that possible. The babies are 4lbs 4oz and doing great. I have an appointment next week, he said if I make it that long. I am one and a half cm dialated and measuring full term...

View more questions Search