Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shnaddy Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

May 6, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Scard of flying.
    Hi guys, I'm after some advice.

The wired thing is my first flight 14 years ago I enjoyed. Since then I've been on four other holidays aboard and hated every moment of flying. Flying seems to be getting worse the more I travel.

All sorts go through my mind from take off. I'm not so bad when I up there, I calm down a touch, and landing doesn't seem to be that bad. Its mainly take off. My panics lead me to tears.
    The thing is I've booked a 10 day holiday in September 08, with my partner and my nearly Three year old, My child's first time aboard. We are going to Majorca and I want to enjoy every moment of our holiday from take off till arriving home.

Please can anyone give some advice to how I can make flying that little less frightening and more enjoyable.

Thanks for your time guys. :(

May 6, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Hi Kelliandamara,

Thanks I'll try that, but I bet it cost a lot.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Many people are afraid of flying, so you aren't alone. If it's really bad, you can go to your doctor and ask for a sedative to take to relax you during the flight. Other that than, just remind yourself that you are safe (flying is safer that driving) and try to calm your fears. You might want to read up about planes and flying so you know what all the noises are during take off and landing; that way you have no surprises.

You say take off bothers you the most - try doing something to distract yourself; read a magazine, talk to your partner or play with your daughter. Or, close your eyes, take deep breaths, and imagine you are somewhere else.

Good luck!

May 7, 2008, 11:56 PM
    Thanks Jillian.

May 7, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Thanks Jillian.

I may just go to the doctors and see what is available for me to take, though I can't have anything that will knock me up for hours as I have a young child.

Your post was really helpful, thank you so much.

I'm going to pop to the library tomorrow :)

Take care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does flying mean? [ 3 Answers ]

I tend to have dreams of flying, but not just flying more of just walking but being lifted off the ground very high until my next step. This happens to me a lot. Any help?:(

Dreams about flying and what they mean [ 4 Answers ]

Twice in the last week I have a dream about flying. The first dream I was flying to get away from an ex-boyfriend who wanted me back. He was trying to keep me captive, so I escaped and when I saw him and his friends chasing behind me, I flew up into the trees where I was safe. I awoke right...

Strange Spotting With Clots almost 2 weeks now . SCARD! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ladies, Im excited to have found this site to able to ask my question and to possibly help calm my fears. Im 38, 2 children 9 and 2 , married, not on and BC. My periods were always regualr 28 days and lasted approx 4 days... starting Jan/07 my periods starting coming a few days late ,...

What to do with flying and no ID [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry I did not know what category to place this ? in. My mom is currently vacationing in Florida where they have a second home in Florida, she had her poketbook stolen with all her id and credit cards. She is due to fly home next sat. Her drivers license is for fla. But all her mail goes...

View more questions Search