Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarah-B Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 11:19 PM
    Is this mean't to happen after first time sex?
    Ok well I had sex for the first time 10 days ago and I was due my period around the time of the 3rd of may... im never late. I normally go 26-28 days every month..
    Is it normal that after first time sex your periods mess up? The condom didn't tear or anything, so its just really confusing and worrying.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 6, 2008, 05:46 AM
    Any time you experience stress, it could throw off your period.

Your diet could throw off your period. A LOT of things could throw off your period.

Including pregnancy.

Wait another couple of days and take a pregnancy test. Condoms are NOT 100% effective. I got pregnant using a condom AND the pill AND a spermicide.
    toughbetty04 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-B
    Ok well i had sex for the first time 10 days ago and i was due my period around the time of the 3rd of may...im never late. I normally go 26-28 days every month..
    Is it normal that after first time sex your periods mess up? The condom didnt tear or anything, so its just really confusing and worrying.
    "sex", in no way affects your cycle, unless you are pregnant. Ovulation occurs approx 2 weeks BEFORE your period starts. And contrary to ridiculous beliefs there is no more than a 48 hour window each month when you can actually become pregnany. If you had sex right before (literally a couple days) you were due to start, impregnation is slim chance. Do your calculations, AND take a test. You CANNOT become pregnant just "anytime", it's very precise. Also, check your cervix. If it feels very low and heavy, your period may be close at hand. Cycles fluctuate, but condoms are not a sure thing.
    Sarah-B Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 09:22 AM
    Thanks everyone, I actually got my period today so I'm relieved. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will it happen [ 4 Answers ]

I have been talking to this girl for over eight months and we really talk to each other all the time, I mean 24/7. Now we just started saying that we may have feelings for each other. Do you think that this will build into something strong and maybe even more into the future?

How did this happen [ 6 Answers ]

I need help with a problem with my Husband.I don't know how to identify the problem,it has really blindsided me.I quit drinking about 2 months ago,my husband had quit before me-due to a DWI he received when we relocated to New Mexico for 9 months,he was so disgusted with his actions ,he just walked...

Attention Speed Ball, Backup doesn't happen all the time so how can clay pipe b broke? [ 15 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? Conflicting stories from 2 plumbers. If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I...

Why does this happen every time [ 2 Answers ]

I work at a hotel, and every time that I need to turn off the water, when I need to do a repair, the hot water never fully comes back. Some rooms will have it and other rooms won't. I've changed all the mix valves in the showers and still no hot water. Just luke warm. Last time after a couple of...

View more questions Search