Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danhustonii Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

May 5, 2008, 05:22 PM
    White Westinghouse dryer will not stop
    I have a White Westinghouse dryer that ran and ran on the last load (for way too long but we failed to notice it). Is there a sensor or something that is most likely busted?

Thanks
    Dan
    SC Journeyman Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 05:45 PM
    danhustonii,
    Time to replace cycle timer. If your dryer is running it's normal run time, but not drying clothes, a safety could be taking it out. If lint has built up inside your dryer, or vent pipe, the heating element will overheat. This will make the high temp. limit trip out. If this is the case, you can buy a cleaning kit for around $10.00 at Lowe's, Ace Hardware, or wherever. That's cheaper than a new house ;-).
    By the way timers run $60.00+ for most makes.
    Hope this was useful info..
    danhustonii Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

May 6, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Well, I figured out that it blew the circuit breaker so I reset it and the dryer started when I pushed the start button. So it ran for 30 minutes and then made a horrible noise, I turned it off and opened it up. The belt was broken. My question now is, was the belt breaking secondary or the primary issue. And if it was secondary, what do I need to also check for?

Thanks
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by SC Journeyman
    danhustonii,
    Time to replace cycle timer. If your dryer is running it's normal run time, but not drying clothes, a safety could be taking it out. If lint has built up inside your dryer, or vent pipe, the heating element will overheat. This will make the high temp. limit trip out. If this is the case, you can buy a cleaning kit for around $10.00 at Lowes, Ace Hardware, or wherever. That's cheaper than a new house ;-).
    By the way timers run $60.00+ for most makes.
    Hope this was useful info..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

White knight dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all. I have just bought a white knight wk767 condencer tumble dryer and its leaking from the base I have made sure the filler thing is in properly but it still leaks. Can anyone help :( Thanks

White-westinghouse fridge [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My fridge is 2 years old.Two weeks ago technician replace compressor and relay.Fridge I running all the time only for 15 minutes during the day turns off.Now I notice that frizer side is not cooling.Fridge side is fine.Model #WRS3R3EW0 Please advise Thanks, Gordana

Squeaky White Westinghouse Spacemaker Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm really hoping that someone can help me. We have a w/d White Westinghouse combo, model number WLC271HW0 and it has recently began making this awful high pitched squeaking noise. I've been reading similar posts on the site and much of the info has been very helpful but I have no idea how...

View more questions Search