Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stuntfire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Countries that do not allow Ex-convicts
    What countries do not allow ex-convicts to enter through their customs despite having a valid USA passport? I have heard some countries like Cananda will not let you in their country despite being off parole or probation. Is there a website or listing of countries that will not allow me to travel to their homeland? So far, I have travelled to South America with no problems, but now family wants me to travel to Europe, Thailand, and so forth. So, I would like to know this before spending money on travel.

Thanks
    kirope Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

May 5, 2008, 05:57 PM
    You might want to ask your probation officer.
    Stuntfire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuntfire
    What countries do not allow ex-convicts to enter through their customs despite having a valid USA passport? I have heard some countries like Cananda will not let you in their country despite being off parole or probation. Is there a website or listing of countries that will not allow me to travel to their homeland? So far, I have travelled to South America with no problems, but now family wants me to travel to Europe, Thailand, and so forth. So, I would like to know this before spending money on travel.

Thanks
    Thanks, but been off parole/probation for almost 8 years.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Hello stunt:

There isn't a list. In my view, most western countries would be connected to OUR NCIC computer system, would see your conviction on their computer screen, and certainly MIGHT refuse entry.

The rest of the world, however, would be happy to have you visit.

excon
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Not an expert in this area, just a thought... here's a link to US embassies across the world... hopefully they can give you the answers or guide you to the right sources?

US Dept of State - Websites of US Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job hunting for Ex-Convicts [ 1 Answers ]

Do You know a good website where an ex-convict can look for a job?

Fair Housing in Arizona for ex-convicts? [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering what can be done to help those who have past criminal records to find housing without being discriminated against. Does Arizona have any laws that protect ex-convicts against discrimination for housing needs? What about the Privacy Act or Fair Housing Act?

Visas for all countries [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need details of visas for all countries and lead time to get them. Regards, Naveen

Foreign Income in two diff countries . But paid tax already in those countries [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am resident alien for Tax Yr 2006. I earned some income in Singapore (3 months) and In India (3 month) in Yr 2006. I guess, I can claim foreign tax credit for India as I am citizen of India and I pass 12 months test. But In Singapore I was on for 5 consecutive months and out of that only...

Countries [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I s there a list of countries anywhere Along with the e mail code Like germany De etc It would be nice to have a list of all the codes To know exactly where one particular e mail has come from Thanks for any help Tim

View more questions Search