Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chatuchac Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Letter of Discovery or Interrogatories? Which is which?
    My husband unfortunately ignored letters from a collection agency thinking that it was one of those junk mails since he doesn't have a credit card account on the company mentioned by the collecting party. He even crosschecked with his old files and seeing no match in his records, shrugged it off and forgot all about it.

The agency filed a complaint in our municipal court and in that complaint their lawyer stated that account records are not in possession, custody or control of the plaintiff. They further mentioned that it is in custody of my husband. I would like to know if I should cite Fair Debt Collection Practices Act in my notice of intent to defend.

I have read some of Mr Yet's advice and learned that I also have to write a letter of discovery or interrogatories. However, as I was reviewing our State's Rules on Civil Procedure, I became confused on which to cite on my letter - the section on discovery or section on interrogatories?

I hope somebody would be able to help me as my husband already has a lot on his plate right now especially that I am temporarily unable to walk.

Thank you!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 04:49 PM
    I would do discovery on why you believe you do not owe and why.

Interrogatories of questions for them to prove that you do owe. The interrogatory is questioning them.
    chatuchac Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2008, 08:00 PM
    Thank you. I appreciate your kind assistance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery and first interrogatories [ 11 Answers ]

Thanks mr. yet! I live in Ga. And I'm not sure if a providian credit card is considered a written contract or a open account, so I'm not sure when the sol is up. The papers they sent me asked me about 12 questions and one of them was about the action being filed within 6 years of the date the...

Letter for Discovery [ 8 Answers ]

I was advised by Mr. Yet to request DISCOVERY on credit card debt that I have been served with a summons. I have my Intent to Defend ready to take to court house tomorrow. Now I need to know do I get the papers at the court house for discovery or do I write them out myself. I need a guide to go by....

Letter of Discovery [ 1 Answers ]

How do I write a letter of discovery to the benton county prosecutors office to get information on a dui case?

Discovery and first interrogatories [ 1 Answers ]

I am being "sued" by a debt collector for a credit card debt that I cannot pay. I filed a graduated denial and they just sent me a request for admission of fact and first interrogatories. What should I do? I have been told by a bankruptcy lawyer that I am basically judgement proof. I am unemployed...

View more questions Search