Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tonya plante Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Federal Taxes
    I owe the IRS money from a business I owned that has since closed. Do I have to sign over my refund check or can I just set up an installment plan?
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

May 5, 2008, 09:10 PM
    I believe the IRS would accept an nstallment plan, or eventhey can barter to a reasonable figure..
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

May 5, 2008, 10:49 PM
    You can request for short time payment agreement or installment agreement.

Make a Short-time Payment Arrangement with IRS. A short-term extension gives a taxpayer up to 120 days to pay. No fee is charged, but the late-payment penalty plus interest will apply.

Apply for Installment Agreement. A monthly payment plan or installment agreement gives a taxpayer more time to pay. Taxpayers can apply for a payment agreement by filling out Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request.
    For details, Your U.S. Tax Return: IRS Due Date April 15, 2008: For Those Who Can't Pay the Tax Due in Full
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 6, 2008, 08:40 AM
    If you owe money to the IRS, they will CONFISCATE any federal tax refund and credit it towards that debt.

Yes, you can set up a payment plan. Just make sure you stick to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Federal Taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got my w2's and the federal witholding tax was missing... What do I do?? And Why would it not be there?

Federal taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I lived in Missouri for the first 3 months of 2007 and worked there. Then I moved to Iowa and worked there the rest of 2007. I already got my w2 from my job in Iowa. I was wandering if I could file federal and state before getting my w2 from my job in Missouri?

Taxes w-2 and federal [ 5 Answers ]

How does some one exempt there self from there state and federal taxes

Federal Taxes on businesses [ 2 Answers ]

Explain how the federal income tax structure impacts a business decision to finance with use of debt vs. equity.

View more questions Search