Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ellettsvillein Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Hot water heater
    When I light the pilot light it stays lit until I turn the temp up. Then the burner lights and in just a few seconds all goes off. I do it all over again and again with the same results. What next?? Model pr650nbrt 50 gal
    SC Journeyman Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ellettsvillein
    when I light the pilot light it stays lit until i turn the temp up. then the burner lights and in just a few seconds all goes off. i do it all over again and again with the same results. what next????? model pr650nbrt 50 gal
    To ellettsvillein
    You've got a safety taking you out. Is the purge fan running? If not the gas valve will close.
    You said your pilot stays lit, so that eliminates the thermocouple being bad, unless you have a continuous igniter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 19 Answers ]

Just recently the pressure of our water in the house surges when we turn a faucet on, and the city water company verified that our pressure in the house when we open a faucet is higher than the pressure in the lines in the street, and after the water runs is at a normal pressure (meaning their...

Gas water heater pressure release valve leaking water [ 14 Answers ]

Hello all, I have a slight issue with my gas water heater. It's a AO Smith 32.75 gallon type. All of a sudden, water is coming out of the relief valve pipe. I have placed a coffee can there, and I have to empty it out every few hours now. Im not sure where to turn for this one, as I have...

Connecting a tankless water heater and separate hot water heater [ 6 Answers ]

What I have is this. An oil fired boiler that generates hot water for my house baseboard heating system. Contained within the boiler is a tankless heater that is heated by way of the firebox in the boiler. The tankless heater is used only for domestic hot water. It has a separate CW supply to the...

View more questions Search