Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xHypoCondriacx Posts: 118, Reputation: 3

May 5, 2008, 02:07 PM
    14 Weeks Pregnant + Sick With Cold
    Is this dangerous, after researching around Google, I did not find an answer but I did find that being sick while pregnant, is bound to happen sometime during pregnancy, my fiancé has gotten the cold, she's 14weeks, she claims I worry too much

But is the baby exposed more to any dangers now that she is sick ?

Thanks
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 02:13 PM
    I had a cold close to this time during my pregnancy. The main concern would be a fever; if she has one, it is important to bring it down asap by either taking Tylenol or soaking in a cool bath. Other than that, she should take measures to stay hydrated and continue to eat as healthy as possible... and REST. This cold virus itself will not harm the baby. Good luck with everything!

***it's always best to call the doctor for their opinion though***

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 10 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I have been using Certain Dri Anti-perspirant. Is it okay to use when pregnant. I couldn't find any information about not using it when pregnant?

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I'm sick of cold baths! [ 7 Answers ]

OK... we have 2 bathrooms upstairs. One is shower only and one is bathtub/whirlpool only. Shower and both sink faucets give scalding hot water, but the tub only gives lukewarm water. I know it sounds absurd, but it seems a tiny bit warmer if someone has recently taken a shower in the other...

3-4 weeks pregnant.. . [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor about 5 days ago and found out than I'm 3-4 weeks pregnant and I'm really excited but The next day I staarted spotting so I went to the E.R. Cause it really worried me a lot and they did a lot of test and told me it is OK but it has been about 4 days now and I'm still kind...

3 weeks Pregnant! [ 2 Answers ]

I'v been trying to have a baby with my partner and I'm 3 weeks pregnant can I have my period?

View more questions Search