Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyblonde430 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 01:14 PM
    White oranda golfish
    :eek: hi, I have an oranda and his/her when is white and so is the rest of him/her... but recently a red dot has developed on his/her when... looks like a pimple but I'm not sure... its been there for about 2 days... im worried... are there fish doctors? What should I do? And does anyone know what it could be?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 5, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Why did you buy a fish without knowing how to care for him/her, whatever. Is him/her water clean? Does it have the proper food ? Call the place where you bought the critter.

May 5, 2008, 02:19 PM
    I have done water tests and they all come back fine. I've even taken my water and had it tested where I bought it. And yes I am feeding it the right food I'm not stupid.. and just because I don't know what's wrong with my fish doesn't mean I don't know how to take care of it... if you have kids and something is wrong, you take them to the doctor because you don't know what to do right? Doesn't mean you don't know how to take care of your children... next time if you post an answer for my questions, try and make sure its an actual answer to something I have asked!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 5, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Sorry I offended you but you didn't give all this information in your original post. You didn't say you had tested the water and you obviously didn't say you were feeding correctly. I am not a mind reader babyblonde and I absolutely don't like trying to read between the lines.

And yes, when my son was young, I checked with the doctor before asking complete strangers what was wrong.

May 5, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Well as u can see I DID ask if there were fish doctors... no reading between the lines on that 1

May 5, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Its OK anyhew I figured it out. Thanks for trying to help anyhew
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Babyblonde,
    How is your fish?

May 7, 2008, 08:10 AM
    My fish is doing better thank you for asking. It turned out to be an open sore. I just got him and apparently the rest of the fish that where in the tank where I bought them from got them too. They were having a salt lvl problem. So it wasn't my fault lol. But its almost cleared up and I didn't have to do much since he's already in bettter water. I'm so happy too because I love that fish. Lol
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 09:37 AM
    If the sore persists, Melafix is a good product and heals sores quickly.

I have a white oranda that's around 7 years old.
    Throughout her early life, orange pigment had come and gone as she grew.
    After full grown she staid white... don't be alarmed if this happens to yours too.
    I've talked to several people who have been lucky enough to find solid white orandas and
    Theirs too developed orange coloring that would come and go as it grew.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bumps, white discharge, redness, itchy, some white pus [ 6 Answers ]

This hasn't been the first time but this time its not going away and I'm young and I don't want to see a doctor. Its very itchy and the bumps are red and swollen and hurt sometimes. They also bleed and I have A LOT of discharge. Its very uncomfortable. What could it be? Do I have to see someone? Or...

So White [ 10 Answers ]

HEllo Everyone:) Has anyone used the Fair and White in the pink box called "So White"? Its active ingredient is supposed to be something called White Up. What in the world is white up:confused: . What is its side effects?

Black Bra/White Tee; White Bra/White Tee [ 17 Answers ]

Do you girls usually wear a black bra with a white t-short or do u wear a white bra with a white t-short? Or yellow tee w/ a black bra? Share. I don't get it

View more questions Search