Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tiffinsc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Injured spouse ?
    Hi.My name is Tiffany.I have filed jointly w/my husband, for at least 3 yrs. Now.Every year child support &/or student loans have taken every bit of refund we're owed. Can I file "injured spouse"? And if I can, can I still do it now since I've already filed?
    Thank You,
    Tiffany
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 6, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Yes, you can, IF you have income of your own that is reported on the tax return. If you are a non-working mother, however, then the injursed spouse provision would not help you.

Yes, you can amend the 2005, 2006 and 2007 return to claim back your share of the refunds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Injured spouse form 8379 [ 1 Answers ]

I live in New York State. My wife has a past tax debt from a failed business. These taxes are owed to the IRS and New York state. Currently my wife has no income. Each year I file fed form 8379 injured spouse, and state form IT-280 non-obligated spouse. Every year that I have filed this way I...

Injured spouse - credit card rights [ 1 Answers ]

What rights does an injured spouce have if her husband sincce her name or verbally opens up a credit card that she did not authorize. The credit card companies keep issuing my father cards in a joint name and my mother is very upset about it,

Injured spouse [ 3 Answers ]

I have had to filed injured spouse forms with our income tax the past 5 or 6 years but this year I am unsure as my husband and I have been separated since January of 2006 I know I can file as head of household but I was wondering if I still had to file an injured spouse form.

Injured spouse form [ 1 Answers ]

I filed an injured spouse form in early February. An at first I had a mail out date of feb,20. Now they say I have a delay I want to know how much longer do I have to wait I'm trying to move an I just want my money so I can stop putting my life on hold!! :

View more questions Search