Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muzen31 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Scandinavia. Which contries are in the Scandinavia
    Just want to know which countries "belong" to Scandinavia..
    I know Denmark, Sweden, Norway, but there must be more than these?? On some webpages it says that these 3 are the only Scandinavia countries but on other websites it says that Finland and Iceland are in the Scandinavia as well... :confused:
    Please help me...
    Romeo_Bravo Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Don't forget Finland
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

May 31, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Dear Muzen23

Scandinavia = Norway + Sweden + Finland.

Danmark is connected and liaised in many ways with Scandinavia via the "Nordic" group of countries, but is actually not part of Scandinavia. Note that even Wikipedia got that wrong...
    :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 06:34 PM
    I did not look it up, but trust Credendovidis on this, he has good info on many of the research issues. Please note that Wikipedia is often wrong on many things, it is not a proper research tool, even if some of use use it often.
    Isafjordur Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 05:36 PM

Scandivavia includes: Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, The Faroe Islands (though part of Denmark) and the Åland Islands (part of Finland). Sweden being the Largest, with a population of around 9,000,000. Followed by Finland 5,000,000, Denmark, 5,000,000, Norway, 4,000,000, and Iceland, 313,000. Swedish, Norwegian, Danish & Icelandic are very similar, but Finnish is different from the rest it is a Finno-Ugric language. Hope this helped. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search