Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qt_inmaine Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 11:22 AM
    My mom passed away.
    Its been almost a year now with out my mom. Her death was sudden and quick, I was very close to her and until this day I still have outbursts of crying because I miss her so much. Is this normal? I'm on cymbalta but the pain is just still so strong, and I have had just such a bad year... is their anything I could be doing different to help me?
    Morning Blaze Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 11:29 AM
    You could see someone specializing in grief counseling.Have you considered maybe setting up a memorial in your mothers honour or even setting up a cause in your mothers name. Some kind of foundation which can help you keep your mother alive in spirit. Something you can be proud of doing something that made you happy and gave you a reason to smile and not cry when you think of her.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 11:30 AM
    You could see someone specializing in grief counseling. Under these circumstances the Cymbalta would normally be used short-term. You may need additional help. Death is a part of living. In fact, "Life, itself, is a terminal illness". That saying is original work. When other relatives die before your parents, I think your more prepared.
    volta-rewind Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2008, 12:16 PM
    I'm really sorry,
    I understand how you feel.
    Sometimes you need to take a few minutes and understand that death is a part of life. There's really no specific way anybody on here could tell you a way to not be sad, it's all about what you make of it and it just takes time.
    It's hard loving somebody so much and having them ripped out of your life so suddenly.
    That's completely understandable.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 5, 2008, 01:30 PM
    I am sorry for your loss, and each of us takes a loss differently.
    But I will be somewhat frank, after a year, no it is not normal to be on medication still. While we will always miss them, after a year if you have not moved on to another level of grief there is some issue still effecting this. I would suggest some grief counseling
    CFZD Posts: 385, Reputation: 49

May 6, 2008, 11:40 AM
    My grandpa passed away 5 years ago, I didn't cry that hard until last summer I suddenly realize how much I missed him.
    To a quick and sudden death, it was hard to accept, so hard that you didn't believe he was gone until after 3 years.
    My guess is that different people take it different and the reaction period varies too.
    lesleyanne_g Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 05:35 AM
    I understand exactly how you feel - I been through the same. My mum passed away 3 years ago and I stall am not over it, I don't think I ever will, I was very close to her and miss her so so much. People told me to see someone, but I couldn't bare talking to a stranger about it.
    mamasgirl4ev Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by qt_inmaine
    its been almost a year now with out my mom. Her death was sudden and quick, i was very close to her and until this day i still have outbursts of crying because i miss her so much. is this normal? I'm on cymbalta but the pain is just still so strong, and i have had just such a bad year... is their anything i could be doing different to help me??
    I am so sorry. I just lost my mom/bestfriend and it definitely sucks. Are you close with your dad? I know for me being around the people who loved her just as much and hurt just as much somehow makes it easier. It still is so painful but talking about all of her great qualities also helps. I think everybody has to kind of figure it out on their own. So sorry again.
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jun 28, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by qt_inmaine
    its been almost a year now with out my mom. Her death was sudden and quick, i was very close to her and until this day i still have outbursts of crying because i miss her so much. is this normal? I'm on cymbalta but the pain is just still so strong, and i have had just such a bad year... is their anything i could be doing different to help me??
    I am with you in your loss, dearheart. I know it is painful at this time because it is so new to you but know that your mother still lives in her Spiritual Body although her physical body is gone. We are all just travelers in this world and our true home is God's Spirit world. No one knows how long it will take for sadness to subside somewhat but you must continue to LIVE for her and be Strong as that is what she would undoubtedly want for you to do. Also, please know that there is no "death". It is merely the passing of the physical body to the Spiritual one that lives forever, throughout eternity. Be comforted in knowing that you mother is still with you in spirit and sees and hears you and knows how you are feeling. Pray for her soul and spirit daily as that will help elevate her into the higher realms of God's Light.
    May God Bless You and Keep You Strong.
    Mikey09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2010, 04:12 PM
    My mum passed away 3rd off may 2010 and I miss her so much she had cancer she was 42 I was told she had 3 days and she went in the same day x
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2010, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    my mum passed away 3rd off may 2010 and i miss her so much she had cancer she was 42 i was told she had 3 days and she went in the same day x
    I'm very sorry for the loss of your loved ones.I miss my Dad and he's been gone eight years. I will say this and it may not bring any kind of relief, although it might bring comfort for all of you. God knows the heart of your loved ones and he is a just God. The Bible says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. I don't know the circumstances of your beliefs but I believe we will see our loved ones again. All of you are in my prayers
    Mikey09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Wish my mum was here I was told the other day that I've got to get out off my home and have to give my dog up I have no one to turn to in my life things seem to be getting wores for me.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 12, 2010, 08:37 PM
    I am very sorry as well for your loss. I too, lost my mom, and miss her very much.

To grieve a death is different for everyone, because each person who dies was unique and very special to those that loved her, or him. A mother's love for a child is a very special relationship, regardless of age, it is extremely difficult.

That being said, when the process of accepting the death of a loved one becomes stuck in a certain stage, and life seems to have lost meaning because of the death, it might be time to seek out help. Whether we want to go through the stages isn't an option.

I say that because if you don't work through your grief, you will not live your life as fully as you should be. You have already learned that life is short, and can change in an instant, forever. It can come to be another death in a way.

You also run the risk of using the death of your mother, as an excuse, not to live your life. If you allow yourself no goals, or hopes and dreams for yourself, because you choose not to deal with her death, then it is also time now, to think about getting help, so you can make good choices to move on.

I'm not saying you are doing this of course, but, only that by denying yourself healing, you are denying yourself all that life has to offer.

Many places offer counselling specifically for what you go through, and there are groups that meet. Start with your local social services, or ask at any funeral home, or perhaps a relative or friend can offer assistance in helping you find your way.

You will feel so much better taking control of your life and working your way back to living again. I wish you all the best, and hope that things turn around for you soon.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2010, 08:55 PM

I'm so sorry Mikey and inmane... there just aren't any words to say that will take away the pain.

It will get better and I will pray for you. God is just and kind and he hears our prayers. I believe all of us will see our loved ones again. God Bless
    dyesabel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 04:57 AM
    Me too.. My mom passed away 4 years ago from cancer as well,don't really understand God's plan, why did it had to happen to me, every time when some thoughts of her comes into my mind, I just burst out
    In tears like a baby...
    I'll be fine and one word, one memory ignites... the flame that is always
    Burning...
    I know what it feels like,. I understand u!. but even though you try 2 forget that person ,
    Your still going 2 remember her/him!.
    Especially your happy moments together!.
    Condolence be strong god bless you..
    By the way I'm Dyesabel Ambrosio..
    Megandj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2011, 07:29 AM
    My mom passed away 3 years ago when I was 17 and in my metric as now my 21 birth day is on the 13 April 2011 as my dad is far from me and he does not brother to come and visit me as from the begging of the month I feel horrible as hell I have no happiness about my birthday coming up, I just want to share my story

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know if a person has passed on [ 1 Answers ]

I really need to know whether my babay brother really died at birth or did my mom hush it up he was born in the uk northumberland between 1966-69 his name ay birth was john guy please put my mind at rest I am at my wits end looking

My grandfather passed away [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am Carolina and I live in Argentina. I lived a year and a half in New York but still there are cultural things that I don't know how to handle. Last Monday my grandfather passed away and I sent an e-mail to my friends that live in the US and other countries, the ones from US answered me...

Mommy passed away 3/4/06 [ 3 Answers ]

Well I found out that my mother was sick with breast cancer right after thanksgiving in 2005 and she wouldn't tell me over the phone, cause I'm the baby and mommas little baby, so some of her family was in from out of town visiting one of my aunts who never calls me unless my moms at my house, but...

My ex passed away [ 6 Answers ]

Okay.. I recently lost an Ex boyfriend], because the night before he passed away we argued about him and I getting back together and I was with another guy] at the time. Mitch wanted me back and I had wanted him back just as much. Well, he asked me how I was going to end it with Eric, who I was...

Just passed out [ 1 Answers ]

I'm pretty sick and I just passed out it scard me so much I need help please and I have the chills and a horrible head acke please help me:(

View more questions Search