Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puppylove2145 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

May 5, 2008, 10:58 AM
    vintage Singer sewing machine
    I have an old electric singer from my great grandmother and I have no idea the information on it. I don't need value info because it's a sentimental value. I will never sell it, but I would like some knowledge about it. Does anyone know what to look for? There's no model # posted, so I don't know what else to look for. Any help? I have uploaded a pic under "attachments"
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 02:10 PM
    I may be incorrect, but the image of the machine above looks very much like the model #201 that is pictured on the following link. Singer Sewing Company Information

There is tons of information available on the Internet about Antique Singer Sewing Machines. Antique Singer Sewing Machines - Google Search

May 5, 2008, 04:06 PM
    The difference is the gold flaking. On mine, there is some color detail... like pink and greens in with the gold. And its fancier than the 201 pics I googled.
    yaya13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 07:47 PM
    I was looking around for information on my Singer Sewing Machine, and after looking at your posting, I found a similar looking machine. I think it may be model number 128, but I'm not completely sure...

Jul 15, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yaya13
    I was looking around for information on my Singer Sewing Machine, and after looking at your posting, I found a similar looking machine. I think it may be model number 128, but I'm not completely sure...
    I finally found out that it is a model 27! Someone from needlebar.com knew what it was... if you need info yourself, check them out. They have experts there that can help too!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 12:45 AM
    Thanks for the information about that site, puppylove2145! It's good to know! Would make a nice resource for people trying to find information from our site here concerning sewing machines!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

Singer Sewing Machine [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Singer Sewing Machine that belonged to my God-Mother the serial number off the machine is: 1172500A. Does this machine have any value?

Vintage Brother sewing machine [ 19 Answers ]

I have a vintage Brother machine that my husband restored for me and it is in a carrying case that originally had flowery gotty fabric covering a solid wooden case. The machine is electric and doesn't look to be converted. It's a mint green color with a white stripe down the center of the top. It...

Collectible Singer Sewing Machine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very old & heavy Black Singer Sewing Machine in a Key-locked Hand made wooden case-I can't find a model number ut the serial number is AF298836. Do have any idea of it's value-or would anyone be interested in it?

Domestic Sewing Machine No. 69 - Vintage 1919 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Domestic "69" Rotary Family Sewing Machine vintage 1919. It was manufactured by the Domestic Sewing Machine Company, Buffalo, NY. It has several spare parts and a large needle box with an assortment of needles. It is mounted on a wood cabinet that has a swing-up top that then raises the...

View more questions Search