Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    D-Man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 08:55 PM
    Venting
    Hi , In the basement , there is a mechanical vent on a bathtub wich tells me its not vented by the main stack. Could the tub be changed to a shower stall.
    Also wich size drain should the shower stall be?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 21, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Man
    Hi , In the basement , there is a mechanical vent on a bathtub wich tells me its not vented by the main stack. Could the tub be changed to a shower stall.
    Also wich size drain should the shower stall be ??
    Yes, You will have to extend the raiser up to 3" over the floor line and then fill the tub dap out with cement.The trap and raiser should be 2".
    Good luck.

Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New dryer venting [ 5 Answers ]

Well my wife didn't shed a tear when our dryer went caput. Meant she could finally get the front loading whirlpool he washer dryer combo shed wanted for a few years. Yesterday they were delivered. Our old dryer was connected by a flexible, expandable connection that runs to the heavy metal...

Venting [ 1 Answers ]

How many fixtures can be tapped into the main vent? I have a 2" main vent.

Venting Thanks [ 7 Answers ]

Spent last 3 hrs reading threads, trying to answer my questions. Thank you for this site! I am working on new construction. I would like to confirm some things I think I learned on this site. Please answer T/F. If False please fix me. 1 every fixture w/trap needs vented. EX tub lav toilet...

Tub Venting? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm rebuilding a 1920's bathroom from the floor joist and studs, the question I have is the 1 1/2" Tub Over Flow ties into the trap which then ties into a 3" stack with a 3x3x1-1/2" Sanitary Tee. Do I need to install a vent in for the tub if the trap is 12" away from the stack? ...

Basement Venting [ 1 Answers ]

I recently moved into a year old home that has an unfinished basement. There are rough-ins for a toilet, shower and sink already in place. My questions is what venting needs to be added for these rough-ins or are these vented through the existing plumbing already (or how can I tell)?

View more questions Search