Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wall422 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 07:50 PM
    International Travel on Probation
    I am on probation that is completed with the month, and I have completed all of my other probation duties and met with my officer my final time.

An emergency has come up and I am required to fly to europe for work in 2 days. I don't think I can get clearence with my PO in that time, I think it takes longer. My conviction was for reckless driving, misdemeanor. I have no previous record.

Will I be stopped at the airport or by the EU for being on probation? Can the passport office check this?

I recently renewed my passport (since I have been on probation). Is this something they can check at the airport? Has anyone had any experience with this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall422
    I am on probation that is completed with the month, and I have completed all of my other probation duties and met with my officer my final time.

An emergency has come up and I am required to fly to europe for work in 2 days. I dont think I can get clearence with my PO in that time, I think it takes longer. My conviction was for reckless driving, misdemeanor. I have no previous record.

Will I be stopped at the airport or by the EU for being on probation? Can the passport office check this?

I recently renewed my passport (since I have been on probation). Is this something they can check at the airport? Has anyone had any experience with this?

If you are on the computer, you will be stopped; if you are not, you won't. A passport is simply Federal ID - lots of convicted felons have passports. No big deal there.

I wouldn't chance it if you are 1 month shy of finishing probation.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 08:23 AM
    You will be stopped. Can you afford to risk messing up your probation? Think about it real hard before you leave the state, let alone the country.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 5, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Two days, you call your PO, explain to them, they say yes you can go,

If your PO finds out you violated the terms, you could be violated and have a lot worst .
    What is the emergancy, what happens if you don't go ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

International travel while on probation [ 8 Answers ]

I have a passport that I can travel out of Country. I am on probation. Can I still travel out of country while on probation without getting permisson from probation officer.

International Travel while on OPT [ 1 Answers ]

I am working in the U.S. under OPT and I'd like to travel internationally (Italy) this summer. - applied for H-1B this April 08. - my F-1 visa expired in May 07. I understand EAD does not guarantee the re-entry to the U.S. but is there any way I can just travel under my OPT?

Felony and International Travel [ 10 Answers ]

I have a felony conviction from 2 years ago. I already hold a valid US Passport. I want to travel to Mexico. When I return and check in at immigration will they be able to see I have a felony and left the country without permission? Will they notify my parole? Thanks

View more questions Search