Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbroy23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 06:10 PM
    No pressure in kitchen sink
    I recently had a new water heater installed. Since that occurred have very little water pressure in my kitchen sink now. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2006, 06:20 PM
    My first suggestion is to clean the areator screen on the end of the faucet spout. I is possible that it might be hard to get off... but you can always buy another... it could be other things but that is the most likely thing... Good Luck
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 21, 2006, 06:59 AM
    Lemmetelya gave you a great place to start. Let me carry it a bit farther.
    What's happened here is when the heater was installed mineral deposits on the pipe walls were disturbed and broke loose. The first fixture making a draw, your kitchen sink, sucked the crud up into your faucet and is now blocking the flow. If you don't have any luck cleaning the screens of the aerator then click on back and give me some details about your faucet, brand name, one handle or two knobs,how old? And I'll walk you through flushing the trash out of your faucet. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low Hot Water Pressure in Kitchen Sink [ 10 Answers ]

Recently the hot water pressure has gone down only in our kitchensink. A day or two earlier, ew had to turn our water off for some unrelated plumbing work, and when we turned it back on, the hot water pressure was significantly lower, but only in the kitchen (the bathroom tubs and sinks all have...

Kitchen Sink Water Pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I attempted to change out my kitchen sink sprayer hose, when I turned the water back on I get ver little water pressure from either hot or cold water.

Kitchen sink pressure loss [ 9 Answers ]

May there be someone who can help. My kitchen sink faucet has lost pressure and shares water distribution with my dishwasher. Water pressure to the dishwasher is fine, but the faucet is really low. The pressure comes and goes, lately it's just very low. The faucet is combined with the sprayer and...

Low water pressure at kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: recently took kitchen sink out to replace coutertop, the water pressure has been low in kitchen sink ever since. Have checked for foreign objects in line. Dishwasher seems to be working fine.

Little water pressure in the kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

I have lttle to no pressure when I turn on the water in the kitchen sink. The cold it really strong. I am clueless and don't know what to do. Please help! :(

View more questions Search