Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HappyScienceman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Sailing-- Zuma
    I was looking for a used sailboat and I found this incredible, mint condition (I've seen it in person) used Zuma selling for $300-- because it's an old model. My grandfather decided to buy it for me. The only thing is it dosen't have the zuma look. It looks exactly lke a sunfish. Plus, it has an orenge mast. What model could that be? He isn't selling it with a boom-- he says he does not use one. Do you think a new boom could be attached? Also, my grandfather (who knows little about sailing) is determined to put a two cycle outbord on it. Could that be done?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 4, 2008, 03:47 PM
    Are you talking about a daytripper ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 4, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Well a person could put a outboard on almost anything if they wish to engineer it, we had several barrells with a board on it at the lake we put a small outboard on before.

But if you are buying a boat, ** not maybe this is my states** should there not be a bill of sale that includes a serial number and the paper work where it is registered in your state. I know I have to have my boats all registered to use them anywhere in my state
    HappyScienceman Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 06:26 PM
    A bill of sale is always a good idea for any major sale. He has not regestered the boat ( in violation of state and local law) and I do plan to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sailing problems [ 2 Answers ]

A boat travels in a direction of N40(deg) E for 3 hours at 20 mph. How far North and how far East did the boat travel?

Travel Document and Sailing Permit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I applied for a travel permit and I left the US, then I received my permit from the US embassy in my country. But when I looked at the travel document it says that I have to apply for a <sailing permit> before I leave the states. I was surprised since the only requirement that I was told of...

Sailing permit for leaving alien [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ATE, I am a GC holder, but my company is sending me overseas for about one year. As a GC holder, I informed my company of the repercussions it could have on my immigration status. Thus, they paid for the services of an immigration lawyer. He advised to apply for a reentry permit ( form...

Sailing from Australia to New Zealand [ 1 Answers ]

I want to board a sailingyacht to sail from Australia to New Zealand. Where do I find sites to find a boat?

View more questions Search