Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mountain714 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2008, 04:56 AM
    Thank you for your response.

We have installed a camera in the front but cannot get it to record. I have the TV on AUX but the VCR (because our DVD does not record) I cannot get to set on AUX. So we can only vew the front of our house. Any suggestions on how to hook up the VCR to the TV with AUX. I don't have the money to get another camera in the backyard at this time.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 4, 2008, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mountain714
    Thank you for your response.

We have installed a camera in the front but cannot get it to record. I have the TV on AUX but the VCR (because our DVD does not record) I cannot get to set on AUX. So we can only vew the front of our house. Any suggestions on how to hook up the VCR to the TV with AUX. I don't have the money to get another camera in the backyard at this time.
    Your question that you have now posted above looks to be one that might be better asked on the following link in Electronics because of the people that are knowledgeable about those things that tend to answer questions in that area. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/newthr...newthread&f=82
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 4, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Normally, I vote with keeping parts of a thread together, but this question should be handled separately from your other thread in Criminal law. Please take care in choosing the appropriate forum for your question.

You need to provide more info here. Like the type of camera, brand, etc.

What you really need is a security camera that has a motion detector to turn the recorder on. Not just any camera will do the job. I know Costco has a three camera set for $145, but it doesn't have motion detection. So you would have to either record for the length of the recording media or stay up and watch.

You might find a security firm that will rent you equipment.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 6, 2008, 05:12 PM
    Does the Camera Output Composite Video(yellow),or channel 3 or something?
    Make sure Tab is not broke off to prevent recording on Tape.
    Hook up cable or video cables to TV from VCR. Select Video for input.
    If Yellow(composite) verify it plugs into TV and shows picture(you will be using Video input on TV for this test).
    If using a cable make sure TV and VCR are set to 3, 4 or whatever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recommend a nanny camera or hidden camera system [ 5 Answers ]

I am hiring a live-in nanny and like any paranoid but responsible parent I want nanny cams. Can anyone recommend a company or system for me asap. I want hidden cameras. I would like to be able to view my house while traveling via internet. Also I want to record all activity in the house. Please...

Home Security Camera [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking to install an outdoor security/surveillance camera to monitor my driveway and cars. I see a lot of cameras on the market that provide day and night surveillance but I have no way of assessing what would be good. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on cameras? ...

Camera problems [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about thePolaroid i533? ine turns one deeps and turns off. The lenese is out but I still can't so anything and it does recinze it on the computer. I'm scared that I might have recected it if anyone has any idea plaease let me know? Thanks

Choosing a camera [ 2 Answers ]

I'm really interested in photography not as a profession just as a hobby.I capture pics of nature and I really don't know which camera I should choose from so many brands and models.

Camera Lens [ 3 Answers ]

Which is sharper, a fixed length focal lens or a zoom lens?

View more questions Search