housing and breeding ringnecks
    hi I have 3 pairs of ringnecks.
    pair 1
    lutino hen / creamino cock
    pair 2
    blue hen / green yellow headed cock
    pair 3
    green hen / lutino cock

can you tell me whast sort of colours I will get from pair 2 & 3.
    can you tell me the size of an aviary I need for them
    I'm building a 15' long x 6'wide x 7' high is that big enough:)
    mrssittingduck Posts: 151, Reputation: 24

May 4, 2008, 12:18 PM
    I think I said many a time I'm quite useless in the genetic coloring department so can't help you on that
    However if you are planning on breeding them it is very advisable not to house them togather, they are very territorial especially in the breeding season!
    They will destry each others nests and eggs and throw chicks from each others nests and possible fatalitys of birds from different pairs to the dominant pair,
    The dominant pair will not allow the others to breed anywhere near their capabilities and by keeping them separate you will increase the breeding results from each pair..

I would personally keep them each in 3 ft wide by 6 ft lng by 6 or 7 ft high flights per pair... so in total 9ft wide 6 ft long and 7 high, smaller than what you were origionally going to use but you can use the extra space for cages to separate cock from hens and young from adults...

Good luck to you
    Will ask my friend about the genetics side of it maybe they can advise on coloring potential

Katie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Breeding [ 7 Answers ]

If My Pitbull tied with my golden retriever and then the next day tied with a lab what would the pups be. Is it possible to have pups from both the GR and Lab?

Breeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 18 mth old female mastiff x ridgeback and I would like to know how often the larger breed dogs go on heat. She has already had one season which was Oct/Nov 06. Please help... :confused:

Dog breeding. [ 1 Answers ]

How old does a toy fox terrier have to be before she can have puppies?

Breeding [ 2 Answers ]

When the female comes in heat is it best to keep her in her familiar environment Or should we take her to the stud

View more questions Search