Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taylormade2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 12:20 PM
    French citizanship
    I am an American citizan looking to purchace a home in France. What happens to my citizanship here in America? Can I work in France?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2006, 08:01 PM
    Nothing.

You may retain your American citizenship and live and work in France.

And you could get dual citizenship b/w the 2 countries as well.
    Catseyes Posts: 51, Reputation: 5

Mar 27, 2006, 11:20 AM
    Are you a European citizen ?
    If, not, then you will need a visa to work in Europe. This can be a difficult procedure, as it is for Europeans to work in the US.
    Are you married to a European ?

This might help :

http://www.amb-usa.fr/consul/acs/guide/default.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

French Citizenship from French Mother [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm looking into getting French citizenship for myself. Born here in US, 24 years old, my mother moved here from France when quite young and is still a French citizen. According to most of what I've read (in English) this would make me automatically French, I'd just need to get the...

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

French drain [ 1 Answers ]

We have lived in the house for about 5 years. I would notice a few moist spots on the walls and floors after a heavy rain. But now the floor is always damp in the same two spots. One leading to the drain in the floor. Next to that is the little hole with the stones. I'm assuming that is the "french...

How to get French cititizenship? [ 4 Answers ]

I was born in Pondicherry, india. And I want to know how to get French citizenship. Can anyone help me or tell me the ways to get it.

View more questions Search