Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask

View Poll Results: Is this liner defective?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, make them replace it

3 100.00%
  • no, you're too picky

0 0%
    AnotherPauline Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Is this POOL LINER defective?
    I paid full price (over $3000) to a well-known company to replace my standard in-ground 12' x 24' vinyl pool liner. Everything went well until the workers unwrapped the new liner and started to install it. I immediately noticed a large "white line" near the deep end and 6 or 7 other white lines throughout the liner.

These of course, are the seam joinings or "closeouts". But I have NEVER seen closeouts that were this crude or noticeable. My previous liner and every other liner I have ever seen have seams and joinings but they are never never this noticeable. (SEE PHOTO).

I asked that the liner be replaced because of these defects and was told that I could get a discount of $200. I said no to that. Then a "patch" to cover the spot was offered. When I questioned, in writing, the defect and the offered solutions, the company admitted the patch was a bad idea and that they would work on other solutions.

No solutions were forthcoming and the liner company claims that the white lines were normal.

This line is VERY Noticeable from the sliding door as my house looks out onto the pool, which is on 5 feet away. This white line is noticeable from a long way away and it looks very bad.

I plan to sell the house and because this is a buyer's market the buyers want everything perfect. This replacement liner looks sloppy.

I also want my money’s worth.

What do you think?
    Attached Images

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Not acceptable for a full price professional install
    vividdaze12 Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

May 6, 2008, 06:12 AM
    No way this liner is defective call the pool company and explain to them that you will be taking further actions if not replaced. Also request the liner manufactorer's phone number and ask if that is the way it should be. I bet they will help you with the pool company, for any replacements.
    ALZ1 Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

May 7, 2008, 08:51 AM
    I'd be curious as to who the liner manufacture is that made the liner?

How well does the liner fit? What about the overall install looks? The big picture? From the "limited view" it looks like the liner vac is sucking the liner nicely to the wall.

Patterns on white base material are more likely to have visible seams.

I've seen worse.
    ldsoca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 10:45 AM
    A couple months ago I noticed a brown spot (3 ft diameter) on floor of my in ground vinyl pool. I thought it was algae but when brushing or stain remover bag didn't phase it I don't know what to do. The liner is 5 yrs old. I've noticed that now there are quarter size brown stains apearing all in the pool. I've never used any type algaecide in the pool and maintain the water balance. Any suggestions?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inground pool liner [ 3 Answers ]

I have an inground pool with liner. The liner color is blue and white and white is discolored = yellowed. Is there a way to clean that? or do I have to replace the liner. The pool is 10 yr. old.

New AG Pool Liner [ 1 Answers ]

We are installing a new liner in our 24' above ground pool, we are wondering about using the bottom of the old liner as a pad for the new one. Any advice on this? Good ? Bad ? Thanks Wayne

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

Pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find an Expandable Beaded pool liner?

View more questions Search