Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfbdr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Debt verification
    Can I request that a debt be verified under the federal debr collections pratices act after the 30 days from receiving the original collection letter
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 02:26 PM
    You can ask, however, if you didn't respond within the 30 days, the debt is usually determined to be valid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Don't know if is a true verification [ 1 Answers ]

I contacted several Collection agencies about verification and a couple replied with a sheet of paper telling me that the account was bought from the original creditor and how much was owed. However that was it! Nothing else. Aren't they supposed to give me all the history of the account as...

Outside Wiring Verification [ 2 Answers ]

The outside wiring into our air conditioning unit became disconnected when we did the lawn. Do I connect the white wire to the white and the red and blue to the black?

Credit verification [ 10 Answers ]

Questions: How can collections be reported to you when/if the social is wrong but everything else right or when you never gave a social at all... i.e. a collection agency represents a company you never disclosed your social to... how does that happen. And when you try to validate the debt it...

View more questions Search