Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Siding is deteriorating in lower area of outside house
    I have a house that is covered with a fiberboard like siding, it was guaranteed for twenty five years and it is about twenty seven years old. Around the botom edge it is beginning to crumble and curl. I would like to replace the bottom two feet and am looking for the best product to use. If you have experence in this type problem I would love to hear your suggestions.
    relehew Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2008, 11:40 PM
    The product that you are describing is masopite siding and it WILL fall apart eventually. It is still available if you wanted to make a repair. Most real lumber yards have it - not Home Depot or Lowe's. You best bet is to replace all the siding and be done with the problem but that can get expensive real quick.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

May 5, 2008, 08:16 AM
    As relehew suggested, you could replace all the siding but if your looking for a quick, inexpensive fix just the bottom 2 feet could be done. I have done this and it can be difficult as it was installed starting at the bottom, then lapped up. Getting the new siding in at the point where old meets new can be a little tricky. You could use the same siding or use a fiber cement siding which will hold up much longer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Throbbing sensation around the kidney area lower back [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, does anyone know what may be the cure or cause or what is my situation. I have a throbbing sensation in my lower back region. It is not severe but it is a feeling like blood is pumping the same as my heartbeat into the area. More prominent at night. Thank You... :confused:

Adding vinil siding over cedar siding [ 3 Answers ]

My house have cedar siding I do like to know if I can add vinal siding over it, if I can how should I do it, or what kind of insulation can I use. Thanks

Aluminum House Siding [ 4 Answers ]

I recently read somewhere that aluminum siding shouldn't be painted over. Our home is older and has aluminum siding, I noticed today that the siding HAS been painted over (obviously before we moved here) and the paint is beginning to peel in small areas. Can we scrape the loose paint flakes off and...

View more questions Search