Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djrpaint Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 01:21 PM
    How long does it take long term vicodin consumption to exit your system?
    If you have been on vicodin for a long time how long does it take to get out of your system.
    rdrewd Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 11:34 PM
    If the question is How soon will a urine test come up "clean", table 1 in http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/pblct/...133/133q_e.pdf says 1-2 days. That is, of course, not the same as having overcome an addiction.

Drug InfoNet - Faqvico - [general] says 24-36 hours, but then says "to be sure", 5 days is a safer interval.

If you are worried about them testing your hair, that's a different story. Hair Drug Test | Pass Hair Drug Test is possibly not a particularly objective site as they are selling products to cleanse hair of drug metabolites. (I have no idea if that works). They speak of drugs being detectable for 90 days in hair.

Time to re-watch the movie Gattaca for tips on passing biological tests?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2008, 11:38 PM
    If you are asking for information on how to fool or pass a drug test then you will not get it here. We cannot condone giving out information for illegal activities, if that is what you are asking then we can't help you.

If you are asking for a different reason then please be more specific so that we can give you accurate information.

Thank you.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 11:54 PM
    And, might I add, if you have a valid prescription, there should not be a problem with you having the vicodin in your system. :)
    2late4bed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2010, 09:57 PM
    That is so not fair to accuse this person of doing something illegal. There are people such as myself who do have a very legitimate prescriptiRon for short term use but don't want a possible employer to always be suspicious of drug abuse. I totally understand where they are coming from. The fact that you and others have jumped to the conclusion that drug abuse is possible just proves the point that they don't want a future employer to jump to the same conclusion. I just had a late miscarriage with a very tramatic D and C and really do not wish to disclose any of this personal information to a future employer. Really I don't want to talk about it. It's too personal. Therefore I, too, would like to wait until the drug is out of my system. Too bad people now a days are ready to condemn innocent people.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2late4bed View Post
    ..There are people such as myself who do have a very legitimate prescriptiRon for short term use but don't want a possible employer to always be suspicious of drug abuse.
    You have struck on an interesting point. Employers are apt to avoid individuals with a Rx for any narcotic. It's easier and more efficient on their part. There are numerous legal advisories on how to do this without penalty. The potential for addiction is widely known and that becomes the basis for the employer to "always be suspicious of drug abuse." even though the use was originally a medical necessity.

The other side of the issue, almost whimsical, is that many of the newer pain medications are synthetic opiates or semi synthetic (S/S). The standard tests for opiates (called the SAMHSA-5) have a cut-off of 2000 ng/ml and all of the s/s class register well below that (including Vicodin (hyrocodone). The detection of s/s requires a special test with a cut-off of 100 or below, and this test is not required even in Federally related jobs. Of course the s/s will show up if properly tested but most employers do not, and cannot afford to, run comprehensive drug screens on potential employees. They rely instead on the Federally approved 5 panel.

The 1988 Workplace Safety program now extends well beyond what Congress originally intended. The practical consequence is that you upon the honest presentation of a Rx will probably be summarily disqualified while another appplicant consuming illicit OxyContin chances the test, which fails to detect use, and they get the job.

Thanks for bringing your thoughts to our attention
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 10:06 AM
    Duplication of above for some reason.
    angie60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2012, 12:56 PM
    I am usually given a drug test that they bill my insurance company $360 this time I see they billed my insurance company over $1100 and sent it to a forencic lab I was wondering why

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take for vicodin to be out of your system? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My name is kellie and I am trying to find out some information about how long it takes for just one or two pills of vicodin stay in your system

How long does Vicodin stay in system [ 5 Answers ]

Please give me an accurate time frame.

How long does vicodin stay in your system? [ 6 Answers ]

How long does it take for vicodin to be out of your system?

How long does vicodin stay in your system? [ 1 Answers ]

How long does vicodin stay in your system?

How long does vicodin stay in system [ 2 Answers ]

I neeed to know how long vicodin stays in your system

View more questions Search