Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sear82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 10:29 AM
    Blower fan will not turn off
    I have a 16 year old Trane XE60 AC/Furnace. After a large storm the blower fan will not turn off. I have even disconnected the thermostat to eleminate that.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Relay Contacts MAY be fused. If you remove a control wire from Fan relay and it continues to operate, replace Relay/contactor.
    Reconnect thermostat the way it was.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 04:42 PM
    If you have a printed circuit board inside the furnace the blower will run all the time to let you know you have a problem. It may just be a fuse blown on the control board(5 amp automotive fuse) or a open limit switch- roll out limit on top of the burners or vent limit around the top of the unit on the vent pipe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower won't turn off [ 1 Answers ]

The Blower on my heater won't turn off and I don't know where to find my limit switch

Blower/AC won't turn on after breaker off [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there- I needed to replace an outlet and while looking for the correct breaker to turn off its power, I inadvertently shut off the breaker to the furnace while the A/C was running. Now when the breakers are back on, I cannot get the A/C to turn on. The fan will not turn on and I have an...

Blower does not turn on [ 3 Answers ]

My central A/C and heat fan will not turn on at all. What could be the cause?

Blower will not turn off [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to install a new Blower into a 20+ year old Weather King furnace, the blower will not turn off after all wires are connected, and thermostat is set, the thermostat is as old as the furnace and does not have an auto switch, it is just a dial thermostat. What can we do or what are we doing...

View more questions Search