Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aj55 Posts: 68, Reputation: 5

Feb 20, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Lab ate a rock
    My 9 month old lab threw up a good sized rock in the middle of the night. He seems to be fine now but should I be concerned about anything internal that may have been hurt?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2006, 11:07 AM
    If he isn't showing any other signs of distress, likely it didn't hurt anything. Keep an eye on him. Anything much different from usual and call the vet. Dark, tarry stools is a sure sign of internal bleeding and would mean call the vet.

I have seen an exhibit of things surgically removed for dogs at the dog guide school clinic. The collection includes several rocks. At a talk last summer, we were warned not to let the dogs eat bottle caps. The sharp edges will cut up their insides.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2006, 01:11 PM
    Hi,
    Just to reassure you, it's probably OK. Dogs will "eat" most anything, and as said, if not sharp, should be no problem.
    My neighbors Husky ate a wrench,. small one. Amazingly enough, he threw it up the next day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who is/was your least fav.rock group? [ 15 Answers ]

Now this in cludes Boy Bands,Punk Rock And Girl Bands. Mine: E.L.O. Poison Zebra X.Y.Z Uriha Heep Styx Montrose Sammy Hagar

Kid rock [ 2 Answers ]

I heard that Kid Rock has a well known father, but I didn't catch the name. Does anyone know anything about this?

Falling rock [ 4 Answers ]

Hello every body I have this one question that I can't seem to solve. I know the answer is 52m but I can't seem to derive this answer even after trying different method and formula. Can some one help me answer it. Thank so much. It need to be solve through kinematic formula. A rock is dropped...

Hit a rock [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sears Craftsman 2.0 mower. I hit a rock and now the mower is making noise. It still operates, still cuts, but the pullstart wire vibrates like crazy and it sounds like something is striking underneath. The blade looks okay and I don't see any apparent damage underneath. Any ideas?

Anybody Who Knows 80's Rock Please Help Me [ 2 Answers ]

hey! omg I have been busting my brains over this ONE song and I've tried looking EVERYWHERE over Google and I can't seem to find it, I know it's an old song. Probably from the 80s because that's what it sounds like, anyway I heard it in a shopping mall last year and then again in some random...

View more questions Search