Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellekarmazi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Pilot light won't stay lit
    Why does the pilot light on my hot water heater go out after about 10 minutes of being lit?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 4, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Most likely a faulty thermocoupling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light won't stay on [ 12 Answers ]

I bought a Kenmore power miser gas water heater in May of 2002 The First 3 years and 8 month's I had the waterheater I did not have 1 problem. In January of 2006 the light went out and tried to light it. It stayed Lid until I released the button and it went out. I called sears Because it is...

My pilot light won't stay lit [ 6 Answers ]

Help,I have two problems.. My upstairs furnace pilot light will light,and after holding down the pilot button for about 3-4 minutes(it says one minute,but it won't stay lit after only one)it stays,but will go out again in a day or two... The furnace for the downstairs won't light at all.. I can't...

Pilot light won't stay on.already tried changing thermocouple [ 7 Answers ]

I realized 2 weeks ago that there was cool air coming out of my vents when my heat was on. I then figured out that the pilot light would not stay on. I changed the thermo couple and it seemed fine. It would stay lite and the heat was working. Last night I truned the heat on and the same problem...

Pilot light won't stay lit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Bryant Heater on upstairs ofmy central unit. I can light my pilot light and the unit will start heating. The it shuts off. The fan continues to blow and the heater still works, but the pilot light goes out and has to be re-lit. Is that the thermocouple? I have a Bryant 394had036050...

Pilot won't stay on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a snyder-general furnace and my pilot won't stay on after you turn it from pilot to on I tried evrything... is it the thermocouple or does this furnace have a sensor... and if so how do I change it out... furnace was manufacture in 91...

View more questions Search