Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hajt70 Posts: 55, Reputation: 3

May 3, 2008, 07:34 AM
    Not Sure
    Hi,
    I live in PA, USA. My wife wanted a divorce but she would not file. She wanted me to file and I would not file because I don't want to get divorce. So we just live in the same house like roommates (no sex, she takes care her stuff and I take care my stuff like bills and food... )
    My question: Is there such a law saying that after a period without sex or not staying together... the husband and wife are automatically divorced?

Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 3, 2008, 07:49 AM
    [QUOTE=hajt70]Hi,
    I live in PA, USA. My wife wanted a divorce but she would not file. She wanted me to file and I would not file because I don't want to get divorce. So we just live in the same house like roommates (no sex, she takes care her stuff and I take care my stuff like bills and food... )
    My question: Is there such a law saying that after a period without sex or not staying together... the husband and wife are automatically divorced?

No - it wouldn't matter because you DO "stay" together at this point.

In Pennsylvania: "The court may decree a divorce where it is alleged that the marriage is irretrievably broken and 90 days have elapsed from the date of filing or when the marriage is irretrievably broken and an affidavit has been filed alleging that the parties have lived separate and apart for a period of at least two years."

There is also no such thing as an automatic divorce. SOMEONE has to file in Court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search