Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 06:20 AM
    Turning Jpegs into *RAW
    I've tried to do this in photoshop but it comes up with not all could be converted for example the printing details, and as such when I open the image as a raw file its all messed up and looks nothing like what its supposed to.
    Does anybody know of any software(preferably free) that would be able to convert Jpegs into *Raw format so that when I open it it will look exactly as it should
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 3, 2008, 08:55 AM
    For YEARS I have done all simple graphic manipulation using a free program called IRFANVIEW. Weird name, but unbelievably powerful program. It's not only the best conversion utility around, it has "batching" capability meaning you can aim a conversion command at an entire folder full of pics and get converted pics.

On top of that, it does everything else you could want in terms of simple manipulation... resize, crop, reformat, tons and tons of tweaking tools.

It's the best screen capture tool around, too.

Lastly, it's got "plugin" capability, so recently there have been a slough of additional features added. I even use it as my baseline sound clip player. Cool little tool.

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Thanks, I actually got rid of irfan a couple of days back, ohwell ill try it and get back to you
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 10:13 AM
    It seems to work, it doesn't come up with any error messages saying that some parts can't be converted, butim going to have to wait till tomorrow to fully test them thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jpegs outlook express [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I had to transfer the hard drive from one computer to another and I can't find photos from the old hard drive that were stored in my outlook express. Are the photos stored in a different format in outlook express i.e not jpegs? If so what format is it and is it possible to find it by...

Jpegs that will not open [ 4 Answers ]

I am sending jpegs but the recipient cannot open then. What is the Matter? Because I have not gone over the size limit... :confused:

Unable to view JPEGS on CD [ 3 Answers ]

I copied some photos to a cd using nero, then a little while later I added some further photo's, I thought I had used append but on reflection I might not have. I can now only see the latest photos although when I go into Nero it shows the other files are there but cannot view them. Is there anyway...

View more questions Search