Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sh00tingstar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 06:16 AM
    Luxaire air con
    Hi,

We moved into a new house and there was no instruction manual left for the old luxaire heat pump/air conditioner.

We can't figure it out- it blows cold air despite being set on 21o, it sometimes runs warm then will drop to 14o and refuse to move, it has 4 remote settings, a sun, a raindrop, a triangle arrow and a snowflake.

I am guessing the sun is the heat? Even set on that the heatpump seems to do as it damn well pleases.

I've searched online for the manual, it's a York Luxaire and it must be an older model as the logo is on the left side of the interior unit, and all the other close models I've seen have the logo in the center.

Can anyone tell me where to find the instructions, or does anyone have a similar model that can give me a heads up. We just want heat, its freezing in New Zealand this time of year,

Many thanks
    -freezing kiwi:confused: :confused:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 3, 2008, 09:35 PM
    There could be a wiring diagram on the inside of the blower service door inside.
    There could be a wiring diagram on the service door outside.

The company Luxaire (name) has been bought and sold three time that I know of. It started as Borg Warner then was sold to York. etc. I do not believe you will find any manuals for the older stuff.
    aldematt57 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

May 4, 2008, 10:12 AM
    In this case, I'd say you need a tech to look at your entire system wiring and be sure that your thermostat is set up properly.
    They can also give you advice on how to read and use your stat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Luxaire model bata-f036ad [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find out what the ton rating is on this unit? I bought it used and they didn't know.

Luxaire Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Our furnace at our second home runs the fan but no heat comes out. This does not happen all the time. Can be a problem because we are not here all the time

Old Luxaire condenser fan has gone bad [ 3 Answers ]

'76 Luxaire res unit, model EEC048FAB, sercial 195103002440, with condenser fan motor from Electric Motors and Specialties. Motor mmodel 9-131HU416-01, 1/4/hp, 230V, 1 ph, 60hs, 2.8 amps, 800 rpt, rot ccw, serial p76. Fan motor bearings bad - have been super-lubeing it for yers to keep it going but...

Luxaire furnace [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace cuts in and out far too often and my furnace will cut in and blow nothing but cold air. The red trouble shooting light flashes 8 times meaning "lockout caused by loss of flame" Any ideas why either of these situations happen?:confused: I have put in a new flame sensor as well as a...

Luxaire heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Older model luxaire heatpump will blow warm air in heat mode for several minutes then star blowing out cold air. Unit has new filter and coils are clean. The blower motor. Condensing motor and compressor run but blows cold air. Any suggestions on what problem could be?

View more questions Search