Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snurbleurk Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2006, 04:05 AM
    Midi Software
    I have a simple midi sequencer (Jazzware) which works well except results seem to limited by the default Microsoft Wavetable Synth which presumably is what is translating the midi code into sound.

I've tried Google but not been able to identify anything too helpful.

Ideas please...

XP Home; Sony Vaio PCV RX305, 2GHz processor, 1.0 Gb Ram

SiS 7012 Audio Driver;
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2006, 07:14 AM
    Hi,
    This is just a thought. Does your Sound Card application have a Recorder?
    For example, the Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value sound card comes with an Install CD that uses Creative software.
    From Start/Programs/Creative, there is a Creative Recorder (not the same as the Windows recorder). This recorder can be set to "record anything you hear". It can record in any quaility, stereo, mono, speed per sec, etc. However, it will not produce better quality than the original Midi.
    If your Sound Card has something similar, it might work effectively to do what you want.
    Best of luck.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Try getting the most up-to-date sound card drivers for your model:
    http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select...6,66,9,70,5,72

Of course you want drivers and software that pertain to MIDI support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Midi Program [ 1 Answers ]

Im looking for a freeware Midi program that will play the songs back onto my keyboard.

Midi Music [ 3 Answers ]

Would like to know if there is any sites in Google where midi music also has words in them. Thanks Jack

Chips challenge and midi files [ 13 Answers ]

A friend just gave me a copy of chips challenge, which I haven't played for ages! :D I realized though that I can't hear the silly midi songs that went with it, and that's part of the fun. In trying to fix the problem, I discovered that I can't hear midi music on my computer at all. How would I fix...

MIDI Quantization [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, folks. I'm experimenting with MIDI quantization using the Neural Network Toolbox. Any pointers are appreciated. First, a brief discussion on MIDI quantization. In this specific context its purpose is to "correct" a performance by shifting data representing notes played by an...

Cannot Play Midi Files [ 1 Answers ]

When I get an e-mail that say's turn up the volume to hear this--I can't hear anything--I have the volume turned up loud, and no mute buttons on--I can play cd's on here, but cannot hear the e-mails--thank you for any help

View more questions Search