Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettyboop10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 03:32 PM
    About adding a last name to my child's current one
    Hi, I live in Philadelphia, Pa. I have a 9 year old boy. He had never met his biological father until he was 7. The bio-father has visitation rights but, hasn't used these rights since my baby was 5 months old. He oly met him because, I called him and told him that he should meet my son before it is too late. I have a husband that has raised my son since he was 3 weeks old. I have asked the bio -father several times to reliquish his parental rights but he says no. My son has been asking me for about 4 years to change his name to my husbands last name. I think that this would be good for my son because, he himself has told me that he feels left out because he has other siblings with my husbands alst name. What do I do? If he my husband can't adopt hime then I can't change it. Is it possible to just add my husbands name onto my sons with out the bio-father consent? Oh, by the way he was paying child support for the last 3 years but he is such a looser that he quit his job. Now I get zilch. Please help!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Any parent or adult who retains parental or custodial rights over a minor has a right, based in statute, to be notified and must provide consent or waiver of consent to legal actions regarding the minor. The actual law will vary from state to state, but the general rule is that both parents must consent to a name change for a minor. Our products are designed for uncontested legal actions only - actions where all interested parties can come to agreement.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2008, 09:07 PM
    You will still have to pay child support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding mothers last name to child's birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

How do I go about adding my last name to my child's farthers last name for her to have both last names?

Tripping of ac mcb on dc current below its rated current [ 2 Answers ]

Please let me know why ? MCB rated for 240/415VAC, 6Amperes trips on 5 Amps DC current at 24VDC voltage level Ambient operating temperature: 32 ° C MCB Designed for ambient temperature of 55° C Why MCB should trip:confused: ?

Current ratio and non current assets [ 1 Answers ]

How do I know what each makes contains. current assets 25,000 liabilities 40,000 equity 55,000 non current assets=80,000 ( Is this correct) non current 60,000

Changing child's Name and adding Father to Birth Certificate- Texas [ 5 Answers ]

I am the father of a 3 year old son. My name was not put on the birth certificate. His mother has since died and I gained full custody through court. I had to submit a DNA to prove I was the father to get custody. My question is this, how can I get my name on his birth certificate and have his...

Current & Non-Current Assets [ 3 Answers ]

Why is classification of Assets into Current & Non-Current necessary? Or not necessary?

View more questions Search