Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GothicRomance Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 01:14 PM
    What is missing?
    Just was wondering what, if anything, people felt was missing in cinema today. Is there an attribute actors don't have that we wish did or did have that we wish didn't? What kind of movies do we need more of or less of? In a world where there is nothing new under the sun, what could possibly be different to make movies better?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 2, 2008, 01:21 PM
    I want some more lifetime-ish movies. I love them!!
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 01:26 PM
    I'm an old movie lover...

Gone with the Wind
    The Labrynth
    Willow
    Legend
    Never Ending Story
    The Princess Bride

I feel that movies these days can't compete to movies back then.
    GothicRomance Posts: 54, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 01:41 PM
    What was it about those movies that is different though? The great love stories? The cheesy-ness? (I love them as well) The bizarreness? The fact that they were "real" then instead of lots of special effects and CGI?
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Yes, all of those factors made them great.

IMO I don't think they were cheesy. The people who made them had a wonderful imagination.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 2, 2008, 02:00 PM
    I love those sorts of movies as well... I think the acting is really cheesy.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Many who have grown up with games on screens and such are sometimes addicted to action. Life, some of it is quite "boring" without action adventure, special effects and escape into unreality.

I like action adventures, usually. AVP Requiem... that had to be written by, well, it was written by two men. What were they thinking? Kill, triumph and escape, never be bored? Death and destruction are dull without the human element being real enough to feel.

Movies should include smells. I've been saying that for years. Now that, that would be an escape.
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Hey simoneaugie,

You must be a guy. Guys like action packed films. But then again so do girls. I don't mind them but I'm leaning more towards the older ones...
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 09:44 PM
    I'm not a guy today! I love the chick flix too. Drama bores my husband and child, so I generally watch action so they will be happy - and sit with me.

I don't allow (yeah, I'm controlling) any sports or news or commercials to be tuned into at home. The cadence and vocal monotone is annoying. For whatever reason, I'm unable to tune it out.

Older films can have vocal rhythms that are annoying too. I love the Marx Brothers but hate listening to Groucho. Older films tend to leave much more to the imagination, like sex. That makes a person think, and imagine.

My favorite old movie is Maytime, I think that's the name of it. It stars Nelson Eddy and Jeanette MacDonald. What's missing now is morality? They did more than not show sexual scenes though. There didn't used to be a mix of cultures like there is today. Think about it, everyone "important" was white or male.

Define cheesy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing the Ex [ 10 Answers ]

I really love my ex and I can't seem to stop thinking about him. I can go for a while thinking I'm over him, but then, if I'm tired or not busy, thoughts and memories come swarming into my head. He broke up with me just over a year ago, and I haven't seen him since. He's never seemed to want...

Missing my ex [ 10 Answers ]

How do I get this girl out of my head after a 4year relationship I found she lied cheated all through it and I still can't get her out of my head any help accepted

W-2 missing [ 1 Answers ]

I am missing a W2, so how do I file?

Missing Her [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, This my first time on this site and it has helped me just by reading the comments that you gave to others. Everyone's situation is a little different so I decided to sign up. Three weeks ago my girlfriend who I lived with for 5 years told me that she needed time and space. We broke...

Missing each other [ 1 Answers ]

Will the relationship with my b/f lead to marriage? And will we spend time in each others country? We both feel we are each others soul mates.Me oct 3/61, he is jan 18/61

View more questions Search