Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bettyboppintine Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 01:09 PM
    I'm ready for sex, but I'm not at the same time.
    I want to have sex but I'm afrais of the consiquences.
    When I think about it. I want it sooo bad.
    But I don't want to end up with a kid.
    I'm really tired of waiting.
    And so id my boyfriend.
    But he respects me enough to wait until I'm ready.
    But I'm ready just not ready for a kid.

Helpppp?:(
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 2, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Sex = babies.

Birth control FAILS. I'm living proof of it, as is my daughter.

Find other ways to satisfy each other, in my opinion

May 2, 2008, 01:17 PM
    How old where you when you had your child?

May 2, 2008, 01:17 PM
    And did he use a condom?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 2, 2008, 01:36 PM
    The fact that you even bother being scared of the consequences is a major PLUS for you. So many girls can't seem to listen to their own good sense over the raging hormones. Sad, but true.

Anyway, it sound to me like you actually have a full grasp on the situation and all that remains to be seen is how well you keep listening to your own good sense.

We like to simplistically state the warning "Sex = Babies" and I concur, but I want you fully grasp WHERE this "I want to have sex anyway" urge is really coming from. The universe gave you a STRONG urge to has sex, STRONG. And you know why that is? It isn't for pleasure, it is for survival of the species.

Your very body is trying to betray your own well-being. The body wants to procreate, make babies, and the only way to do that is to have sex, so your craving for your guy feels absolutely out of control, doesn't it?

I know it's hard, and I wish there was some real suggestion to make it not so difficult to resist. But truth be told this is good for us in the long run. Short term, you just have to be the strong one.

I can suggest that you are playing with fire, and unless you have 100% certainty you can keep from having sex with this boy, you should avoid private encounters altogether. Your body WILL betray you if you let it. Plan ahead, keep the situations when you're together more public and eliminate as many temptation scenarios as you can. Each one you allow is a potential land mine.

Good for you for caring enough to listen to you're smarts. When you STOP worrying about babies because you're ready to raise one, then you can let your guard down. Until then, you're on duty!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 2, 2008, 01:47 PM
    I was 17 when my baby was born.

We used a condom, the birth control pill, and a spermicide. And before you asked, yes, I used them all correctly.

My mom got pregnant with me at 15, and they were using condoms.

My sister got pregnant with all FIVE of hers while using birth control --the pill for one, the shot for another, condoms for 2 and a vasectomy for the 5th.
    Singact02 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bettyboppintine
    i want to have sex but im afrais of the consiquences.
    when i think about it. i want it sooo bad.
    but i dont want to end up with a kid.
    im really tired of waiting.
    and so id my boyfriend.
    but he respects me enough to wait until im ready.
    but im ready just not ready for a kid.

helpppp?:(
    Betty... WAIT!! If you are not 100% sure you are ready then you are not ready at all. The above posts are right, birth control can fail and is not 100% proof. There are other ways aside from the obvious to satisfy each other, and if your boyfriend respects you enough to wait until you are ready, then imagine he will respect you enough to do other things besides actual sex. A child is forever and you are not ready. But IF you decide to go forward, use protection! Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 2, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Yes, there are people that come here all the time, that use both birth control pills and condoms and they still get pregnant,

So if the boy is not old enough to work to pay your child support and not willing to pay support for the next 20 some years, he needs to think twice.

And waiting is not a issue, and should happen tll you are old enough to raise a child on your own if you have to,
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Bettyboppintin,
    It doesn't matter how old synnen was or if she used a condom, the point is no birth control is 100% effetive and an unplanned pregnancy can happen to anyone at any age. If you're not ready to deal with the consequences you need to wait on having sex.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2008, 05:13 PM
    The only birth control that is 100% effective is abstinence. It sucks being a teen, your hormones are raging, you want so badly to experiment, sometimes you feel like you're going crazy. We all understand that, we've all been there, but sex=babies and STD's, if you are not ready for the consequences than you shouldn't perform the action.

You have plenty of time to have sex, there's no hurry. Why not experiment with a few other things that can bring you pleasure but not leave you with an unwanted pregnancy or a disease that could kill you.

Good Luck.
    TmichelleO Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

May 2, 2008, 06:17 PM
    Betty WAIT! I am in a teenager and I have chosen not to have sex because I have seen the other side of what happens if something goes wrong... I am living proof that birth control AND condoms don't always protect (used together)... my parents had me at 16 and it literally tore their lives apart as well as making mine a living hell at times... if you want to hear the full extent of my story feel free to email me but I don't think I'm going to put my ENTIRE life story on one post! ;)
    PossibleM Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 07:35 AM
    It will happen when it happens...
    sallyasdf Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

May 5, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Wait until your married, that way if you do gety pregnant then it won't be as big of a mess. There is more stuff to sex than just having a kid, there is a whole world out there full of STDs. God bless you while you are going through this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm NOT ready ! [ 14 Answers ]

Soo me and my boyfriend are both under age, I'm 14 and he's 15. Wel I went round his house with out my parents knowing. When I got there his parents seemed really nice, they then went out for a while to go pick up a car, me and him sat on the sofa for a while just kissing and cuddleing and just...

What is HD-ready? [ 4 Answers ]

In considering a flat screen TV, what is the difference in HDTV, HD-ready, LCD?

Should I be ready for another one? [ 3 Answers ]

I just got out of a relationship where I was cheated on.. I have been Single For a month and I have been hanging out with just about everyone. Haven't had sex since My ex dumped me.. Or right after with him.. I have been hanging out with this Friend of mine, who I've know Since High school. He is...

How do I say I'm ready [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have talked about when we have babies and stuff like that but I haven't been able to figure out how to tell him I am ready to try. I am not sure if he wants to have one right now or not but I do I am scared I will say it in the wrong way I don't know how to tell him what should I...

View more questions Search