Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Helping friend locate sister!
    Hi!After reading the some of the posts about finding a missing person I thought I give it shot.

My friend is looking for her who was in foster care and later adapted by the family because her mother was on drugs at the time. She was raised by her grandma but she could not take the sister due to the father behavior. He didn't what the grandma to have but he didn't want her and harass the grandma everday until she could not take it.We tried everything and I am doing everything to help along with friends. The following is what I know:
    Mother name:sheila sanders
    Father name:donald russell
    Sister missing:lavetta sanders russell
    Foster care agency last known:little flower in NY
    Places lived:NY, Florida, upstate NY
    Birthdate:December
    Birthplace: Brooklyn, NY
    Foster mother name:unknown
    Ethicy:black, no known birthmark
    Realtives:shameeka, rasheen, and jamillah sanders. Leslie sanders is the grandma.

That's all we know and we tried to find info with foster care agency and it did not help. We tried a lot of people search engines and still lookinh this is a big website and by God's grace someone might know her.

Thanks in advance
    Also I will add more info we I get more. My mission is to help bring this family together.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

May 16, 2008, 05:04 PM
    All right, just trying to link the family members together to make this a bit easier.

Are the following names correct to the best of your knowledge?

Is Sheila Y. Sanders (dob)(09-06-1961) ?
    Shameeka E. Sanders ?
    Rasheen D. Sanders ?
    Jamillah A. Sanders ?
    Lessie or Leslie Sanders ?

Also, do you know if Lavettas last name at birth was "Sanders" or "Russell" ?
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Everything is correct except the folowing:
    Lavetta Sanders Russell(this is her full name)
    Sheila Sanders(no middle inital)

Everything else is fine!
    stephanie100200 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 09:41 AM
    I don't know much about your friends sister but perhaps you can help me. I am the mother of 2 children in that same family that don't know there family there father is rasheen sanders the family has not seen my oldest child who is now 12 in 11 years and my younger one has never met the family he is 10 the family is aware of the children and every 3 or 4 years I called the grandma lessie to let her know they are OK but they have never met them. I lost her number the only one I had and my children want to know there family is there any way you can help to get me a # for one of them so my children can reunite with there family. There names are siera and amin sanders thanks! O yea I do have a picture of the lost sister when she was about 1 there are places you can go to get the picture aged to see what she may look like today:)
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanie100200
    I dont know much about your friends sister but perhaps you can help me. I am the mother of 2 children in that same family that dont know there family there father is rasheen sanders the family has not seen my oldest child who is now 12 in 11 years and my younger one has never met the family he is 10 the family is aware of the children and every 3 or 4 years i called the grandma lessie to let her know they are ok but they have never met them. i lost her number the only one i had and my children want to know
    there family is there any way you can help to get me a # for one of them so my children can reunite with there family. there names are siera and amin sanders thanks! o yea i do have a picture of the lost sister when she was about 1 there are places you can go to get the picture aged to see what she may look like today:)
    Stephanie, click on my name and send me a email so I can give you my number. We been looking for you as well in binghamton and NC. Shameeka has 2 kids now. Please reply asap. I tell you about Rasheen. Please, ASAP!
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 05:02 PM
    Hi Stephanie, this is Shameeka, liz told me made contact with her. We try to send you a pm and a message to your email, but was unable because to because your account would not let us.

Our family, my mother, Rasheen and I tried to find you but we were unable. Everyone wants to see them and will like to spend time with Sierra and Amin. The only picture I have of Sierra is when she was little and none of Amin. I hope you come back here so when can talk. If possible email me @[email protected] asap so we can make plans. They have cousins that will like to meet them. Thank You.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 04:41 PM
    We would like to thank amhd because even though we did not find the sister, we found the niece and nephew and they have talked. If I did not post the inquire about the sister the mother(Stephanie) would not have found anyone in this family, so it was useful.

To everyone looking for a lost one never give up because you never know what could happen. I wish everyone luck in their search and hope everyone have a happy ending.

To make this one complete we only need to find Lavette and one day we will. We'll never give up.
    stephanie100200 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 05:10 AM
    I would just like to take the time to thank you for posting this on the net. My children are more than happy siera was up at 12 last night asking me if she could call her aunt and cousins she can't get enough of her new found family. I am also very happy because I feel like the lost piece of there life is now found and complete and to see the joy in their little faces knowing they have a complete family now is the most amazing thing in the world thanks again!! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helping best friend w/ divorce [ 4 Answers ]

My best friend and her husband just split up and I offered for her and the kids to stay w/ me and my husband and our kids. I just don't know exactly what to do to help her. I just want to be there w/ her in the best way possible. Please help!!

Helping a friend [ 1 Answers ]

What would you do if a friend of yours got dumped and refuses to move on nearly a quarter of a year after it happened. You joke about it with him as with laughter he should be able to overcome it more quick, but he refuses to, living in hope that she will take him back when she has changed her...

Helping my sister get used to a computer [ 12 Answers ]

Just as the title implies, I want to help my sister get familiar with how to use a computer. I don't have the patience to teach her myself, plus we have very different schedules so I would be missing out on something important, like sleep, to show her. She has had a computer for about 2 years...

Helping an abused friend? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay I have this friend and she is a teenager. She is on like her 12th foster parents and her uncle has been beating her for like six or seven years and so she cuts and hurts herself. I want to help her but she always says she will be fine and then starts not talking about it so how can I help her...

Helping discouraged friend [ 3 Answers ]

I would like some suggestions and ideas as to how to help my friend (actually one of my former foster sisters), who is very discouraged and down on herself. She has PTSD like I do, the result of a horrible childhood in the foster care system, although she hasn't had as much success with therapy as...

View more questions Search