Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spd79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Networking two laptops
    I have purchased a new laptop and I'm wanting to transfer my old laptop files to my new one. How to I set the two up to network with each other. Window xp platform
    IT Helpp Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

May 3, 2008, 10:47 AM
    There are a couple of options for you to proceed.
    1. Use a hub or switch to create a P2P network. Networks 101: Peer-To-Peer Networks
    You can probably find free or low cost hubs at local thrift stores.
    2. Use a product like PC Mover LaplinkŪ Software - PCmover - Overview
    3. Copy files to a USB Flash Drive or External Hard Drive
    4. Sign up for iBackup and run a backup of all your important files and then restre to your new laptop.
    https://www.ibackup.com/ibprof/jsp/i...ero_rondinelli
    aboleth Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

May 6, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Probably the fastest way is to use a crossover cable or hub and set the network configuratiosn properly on the laptops :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gaming Laptops? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't know much about laptops, let's get that out of the way. I'm looking to buy a computer primarily for graphics-heavy gaming and I need the laptop for portability because I travel a great deal. So here's my quandary: I found the HP Pavilion dv9820us at Buy the HP Pavilion dv9820us 17"...

Laptops won't turn on [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm working on two laptops for a friend... neither of them turn on. I'll describe them seperatley. Laptop #1. When you press the power button, the lights on the laptop turn on for about two seconds, then turn off. The first thing I thought was it wasn't actually getting power, but...

Connect two laptops [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I want to connect my two laptops to share files without cable. Both are vista

Stolen laptops questions. [ 7 Answers ]

OK here goes I've had two laptop stolen both were dell xps m140.. I have asked hundreds of sites on the topic and can't seem to get a for sure answer.. ive been told they can be found I've been told they cant, all they have to do is do is a os redo and wipe everything as long as they don't get it...

Laptops [ 7 Answers ]

Can you please tell me if A IBM thinkpad speedstep has a good history thinking of buying one. :)

View more questions Search