Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shadow1965 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2003, 06:46 PM
    Question about Medical Assisting
    Hi,

I graduated from College in 1994 with an Associates Degree in science, my major, Medical Assisting.
    Since then I've been home with my kids. I went into a retraining program which included Cardiophlebotomy and a medical assisting techniques class. Now I'm waiting for an internship to open up.
    My question is...
    How much can I expect to make in the state of Massachusetts as a medical assistant with an associates and cardiophlebotomy training?
    I will be able to get certified in phlebotomy as soon as I take the test and I will also be eligible to Register as a Medical Assistant. But as far as jobs I'm not sure what value all of this has.. Can anyone enlighten me? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank You,
    Shadow
    blwme Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2003, 02:19 AM
    Question about Medical Assisting
    Hi shadow,

The amount of money you will make in medical assistance positions varies somewhere between $10 and $24/hour depending on experience, geography, your employer and your skill set. Cost of living in MA is high and therefore pay is generally higher than the nationl average. Get licensed in phebotomy makes you a bit more employable but doesn't raise your earnings potential much. What does help is advanced training in areas such as advanced cardiac life support and nursing classes. If you have difficulty gaining employment you might consider improving your skill set or contact the hr department of a major hospital and aske to speak with director of recruiting and ask how to improve your application. I would expect that you will be able to get a job rather easily once you get a little time in a medical facility as an intern. Many times you can search Monster.com and health services job sites with the key words medical assistant and mutiple listing pop up

Good luck.
    liliana Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 02:20 PM
    How stressful is it working with the patients?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 2, 2007, 04:04 PM
    It can be quite stressful with some patients. Can you please make your questions a little clearer so that we can answer them better?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you! Would like to get information on the Pituary Gland. Can anyone help?:o

Medical malpractice ? [ 4 Answers ]

My mom is a dialysis patient in TX and recently she got air in her line and nearly died and the nurse that was responsible never got fired. My question is: Does my mom have a case?

Medical question [ 5 Answers ]

Do patients need to follow the unwritten contract to "follow orders" as directed?

What is the medical term for... [ 1 Answers ]

I have sensitive skin that can easily react to temperature change, heat, stress, anxiety, embarrassment, and sometimes even touch. Red blotches/marks appear on my face, neck, and upper arms. It appears quickly and takes a while for it to go away. It is not anxiety centered, like it used to be. What...

Medical [ 2 Answers ]

I have dental bill of 973.00 which I am being taken to small claims court for. The court is in NJ and I live in PA. Can they garnish my wages because I do not have the full amount to give them? If so how much are they allowed to garnish my wages for and does it show on my credit report?

View more questions Search